Sign in to follow this  
Sentralia

WraithGames seeks applicants

I really want to do a mech simulation. Something similar to Steel Battalion, but without the huge controller. It would be cool to see about 30 mechs all walking together on a big field or something. It wouldn't be fastpaced mech combat like Mech Assault, but something much slower. This is what I am thinking about now smile_o.gif

Don't act like an idiot Ironsight.

I really want to do a mech simulation. Something similar to Steel Battalion, but without the huge controller. It would be cool to see about 30 mechs all walking together on a big field or something. It wouldn't be fastpaced mech combat like Mech Assault, but something much slower. This is what I am thinking about now smile_o.gif

Don't act like an idiot Ironsight.

It's great that you're thinking about it...but what do you think will need to go into making it? There aren't even women in the game because there are no animations for them. You'll need a compotent animator...and I hate to say it, but those are rare in this community.

If you want my advice, learn how to model first...if you know how to, then try to join another mod team to gain some experience and learn how things are done. Don't just jump to the top and try to become a mod leader, because without the needed skills you can easily get demotivated when your fellow mod members don't do any work. They'll also be demotivated when you can't give them the help they need.

Just think about it. All the best.

Abs

I've worked on a few Half-Life 2 mods. But they failed, because our leader never gave us work to do, and never wrote back to emails. It wasn't all bad that they failed, because I learned a lot from other people's mistakes. I know how to deal with people on the team, but getting the team to deal with is my trouble! I'm definitely going to put together a design document, and some 2D art. If that doesn't work at gaining interest, I don't know what will. Look for news in the future! smile_o.gif