Sign in to follow this  
icehollow

how to start units off with a animation...

well i'll put it straight out there , i want a group of units to go through the Karate Kata animation , so how would i do this . i get the bit about removing weapons , ex :

"removeallweapons this ; <now what?>" also will they stay in this animation? cuz thats what i want.

P.S how do people get the cinematic looking screenshots in the arma photo thread? the only way i know how to get screenshots is using Fraps . to explain further , id like to take cinematic looking screenshots of units doing certain poses , ect.

all help appreaciated! notworthy.gif

if you want an animation to be performed by the player

place in the "on act" field of a trigger :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

player switchMove "AcrgPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_getOutHigh"

list of movements

if you want to take nice pics or movies , place in the same on act field

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">player exec "camera.sqs

this is the free camera , to take screenshots , use Fraps.

when i use the free camera thing .. i see a white crosshair on my screen .. how can i get rid of that ? thanks

As a note, some of the animations are constant(like '"at ease") where once the unit has performed the animation they *can* remain in that final position of the animation, ive seen it takes safe to allow them to remain constant, I could only assume that setting back to Aware and up would disable them again. Just thought id throw this in.

Gah! i must be doing something wrong , i set up the officer unit , took away all his weapons , then set up a trigger with the animation , but he just stood there in the tests.... can someone send me some screens of what im meant to be doing plz?

name the officer s1

use<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">s1 switchMove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_exerciseKata"

trigger the trigger

sorry guys , i still can't get it working , can someone send me a screen of what they've put into the trigger setup screen?

extract this rar to your C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArmA\missions

open anim in the editor on the intro map....Rahmadi

click preview and walk towards the other guy.....with a bit of like he'll try and kick the shit outta ya.... tounge2.gif