Sign in to follow this  
=jps=sgtrock

Cross platform client in addition to server?

Title says it all. At one point, America's Army's user base was approximately 15% Mac OSX and Linux players, based upon download figures for servers that offered public numbers. When the DoD developers decided to give up on the Linux and OSX code that they got for free from the developers of the Unreal engine, I was shocked and saddened to say the least.

Like a lot of refugees from the pre AA 2.7 days, I would LOVE to be able to finally dump my Windows partition off my PC. Personally, I already do everything else in Linux.

Pretty please?

Yes, do it BIS. Why do you force us to keep a Windows operating system installed, is beyond me... Well to be honest I can't call the Linux distributions for example to be easy enough to use and maintain for them to really become mainstream so that's the catch. But it wouldn't hurt if you looked what you can do for it. Like a wrapper for your DirectX calls, bind them to some other libraries instead. If that's not possible feature-wise then that's bad.

I would even buy both Windows and Linux versions of your products, just to support you (and see what differences there are).

Thanks for considering.

Baddo.