Sign in to follow this  
2Lt High-16AAB-

Some sort of Wolfrat needed for servers!!

Hello Gents, We have been experiencing some problems with AA Players within our server. I suppose we are not the only ones!!

Is there a programm/software being built to patrol the servers against ppl who abuse the server rules??

i.e. Such as Wolfrat?

We do not want ppl to come onto our server & abuse others whilst in game or even TK for that matter just because the person wants to ride as pilot in a chopper.

We use Wolfrat to patrol our JO server, where it checks all chatlog(abusive langauge, TKing etc) When ppl are abusive they get auto punted after so many points.

So my question is, do we have something of this sort for AA??

As I am sure Admins of these servers need it. It isn't fair for others when you have idiots abusing servers.

We need some sort of programme which patrols abusive langauge within the chat which records players names.

We also need some sort of database to check up on names so we can get access to their ID numbers...... I'm sure other admins have also had this same problem.  

Would be great if anyone could give info on this

if they come on abuse just ban there id problem sorted. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]if they come on abuse just ban there id problem sorted.

So what happens when no admin are on then???

Sorry to say but I think this will become a major eye sore for server admins.............

BIS!!!! We need some sort of protection & or some programme to help the Admin out

Quote[/b] ]if they come on abuse just ban there id problem sorted.

So what happens when no admin are on then???

Sorry to say but I think this will become a major eye sore for server admins.............

BIS!!!!   We need some sort of protection & or some programme to help the Admin out

The voted in admins can still temporarily handle it. TBH I've never run into these problems in OFP, at least nothing compared to other games. I still have yet to see any other devs implimenting the ability to vote in temporary admins, it works very well IMO.

Yes but TBPH do you think that guys are gonna vote an admin on to punt ppl, whilst in game??

And if there is an official admin on, he has to monitor(in game) if anything is going wrong with either abusive players/TKing deliberately..........

I am not too sure how you other guys, who, have got servers do it but we have had our server to med. capacity i.e. 40+ players most nights where there have been instances where some have abused their rights as a member of public & have disrupted games because of it!!!

Now I think we should have some sort of programme software to deal with that kind of situation within AA

(i.e. Wolfrat is a server manager & records chatlog from the ppl who have sent messages, we then can check up on his name and from there we can either warn/punt/ban that person unless the auto punt is recording on it's own whereas it will do this by itself)

So obviously AA does not have this or no one knows of anything??

I still think we should have something to help server admins keep a great game, just that...... a great game & let it not be spoilt by others.

I still think we should have something to help server admins keep a great game, just that...... a great game & let it not be spoilt by others.

My thoughts exactly.

But I'm more concerned with private game cheats, instead of tker's.

Yes but TBPH do you think that guys are gonna vote an admin on to punt ppl, whilst in game??

Huh? Don't know about ArmA, but in OFP you typically needed an admin to get the game started without total chaos. Usually the first person there votes themself in and just remains admin. I've never seen anyone playing without one.

Hmm. whistle.gif

I have just heard that the game AA does not support rcon(remote connection) or even RAT!!

Guys this cant be right huh.gif or is it??

I have even tried a programme called GCAADST

Armed Assault Dedicated Server Tool which will not work from a dedicated server!!!!!

I am pulling my hair out!! banghead.gif   help.gif

Good example today:-

We have had in the space of 9Hrs over 145+ ppl visiting our AA server. From these 145+ ppl we had problems with 14 ppl Abusing the server and a further 6 being banned......

I think we need help for server admins!!!!!    help.gif

Huh? Don't know about ArmA, but in OFP you typically needed an admin to get the game started without total chaos. Usually the first person there votes themself in and just remains admin. I've never seen anyone playing without one.

Hmm. whistle.gif

What about players abusing admin powers? One of these every few days and no one is going to play on your server again.

Hmm. whistle.gif

What about players abusing admin powers? One of these every few days and no one is going to play on your server again.

I know you can have " vote admin" available on the server so a player can be voted admin, but this has also led to complaints as all it takes is a handfull of idiots to capture the Admin function and ruin things for others.    help.gif

Well, this is just a side effect of JIP. In OFP, nobody who was mature enough to wait patiently for a new mission to begin was going to turn out to be some asshole kid in-game. IMO those programs you're talking about in other games never work well anyway, often creating more problems than solving them, and there's no substitute for simply knowing (and trusting) the people you play with.

Having been on the 16th's Server the last couple of days and night's I can see where High is coming from. When the admins are on it's a well run server, and I've had some great games on there the past few days.

When someone joins and starts TKing then it just gets to be a pain. Had I been on with no 16th Admin's there I would have probably chucked it and went elsewhere. The 16th run a very good server, but as High said they can be there all the time, and I appreciate that we would all like to play online with like minded people who don't TK, and aren't abisive, but unfortunaltely we like in the real world, and moron's do seem to think that it's a giggle to jump on a server and be a pain in the backside. At the end of the day it is only a game, but surely there can be some system that works to the admin's advantage - even when they're not there.

Great Server guys, keep it up smile_o.gif