Sign in to follow this  
machineking

Squad Leader Help

Well to be exact: I don't order them anything, but AI squad leader does (by engage-at-will). icon_rolleyes.gif

"Engage at will" and "Take cover" are two different commands. Ordering them to do one isn't the same as the other icon_rolleyes.gif

AI leader gives to it's group members a "take cover"-command as danger has presented itself (in engage-at-will) icon_rolleyes.gif (how long do you think this can go on before lock? smile_o.gif )

icon_rolleyes.gif

I don't care anymore. Look how many times the " icon_rolleyes.gif " smiley has been used by us. tounge2.gif

The most effective way of commanding the troops is by giving them as much information as possible. Use your binoculars and use the "reveal" button to call out targets - and you are most effective at that because the range at which the AI (even enemy AI) calls out targets on its own is not as large as the range at which you yourself can.

In reality, as a squad leader you won't even need to use your gun that much - you have to rely on your AI as much as possible. Oh and in response to any future "hurr, rely is stupid you can't rely on it", but with proper control your squadmates are actually very effective at taking out target. You just need to learn when to use proper commands.

Voice control is also highly recommended (using an

application like "Shoot", for example), otherwise

"controlling your squad" can often become a bit like

playing the piano and a bit tedious. So much simpler

to just shout at the dopey little buggers!

"Number five, go prone [you dumbass]!!!" smile_o.gif

...otherwise

playing the piano...

I'll take that as a compliment then. tounge2.gif

Btw, what happens when someone walks by and sees/hears you yelling "Number two, go go go!" and other strange antics at your computer? icon_rolleyes.gif

...otherwise

playing the piano...

I'll take that as a compliment then.  tounge2.gif

Btw, what happens when someone walks by and sees/hears you yelling "Number two, go go go!" and other strange antics at your computer?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Bah...if anyone says anything then I just show them my

"war face", then reapply my camouflage face paint, adjust

my webbing and get back to the game! wink_o.gif

I'll try to steer this topic from off to on... Hnuuuugh! BLANG! There it is!

One thing how keep your mates alive is to keep them so that you can see them and what they are doing and you have better idea of what they should do next.

Keep it simple.

If part of your squad is flanking enemy, you should be part of the flanking team. Order remaining part of squad to stay where they are (give them positions and watching directions), that way they don't atleast run to trouble without you knowing about it... Trouble has to run to them xmas_o.gif + plus you are aware of what kind is terrain they are fighting in as you been there earlier. Knowledege is power!

So basically for best results you have to micromanage them

as if they were plastic soldiers on a table top. Don't expect

to be able to lead them very much like real soldiers. They're

quite good at spotting targets and shooting but a troop of

retarded cub scouts would pwn them at basic fieldcraft.

Part of the challenge of this game is learning what you can

trust the AI guys to manage on their own and adjusting your

battlecraft to accommodate it.

Oh, and definitely try the voice control stuff - it makes a

huge difference.