Sign in to follow this  
hedcrusha

Accuracy?

Hi im new to modding a ofp and arma game! Just wanted to know if its possible to change the accuracy of weapons! so they will be more accurate for some weapons? If so could you tell me witch file i should edit and in witch pbo file to find the script!?

Thanks in advance.

Modifying original BIS addons is kinda classed as cheating, I wouldnt advise doing it, but you can change the recoil value in the config.cpp of an addon.

Thanks but i want to make an addon (my own pbo) using some sounds ive replaced and adding more accuracy to some weapons.

Ive looked in weapons.pbo and ca.pbo and a few others but cant find anything relating to accuracy.

Thanks but i want to make an addon (my own pbo) using some sounds ive replaced and adding more accuracy to some weapons.

Ive looked in weapons.pbo and ca.pbo and a few others but cant find anything relating to accuracy.

Accuracy is determined by more than one thing. Most if it is the dispersion of the weapon (found in the config under the CfgWeapons). Recoil contributes to it too, dexterity and initspeed (muzzle velocity) also effect it.

@ KyleSarnik, just wondering if i should lower dispersion or higher it?

Lower = More Accurate

Higher = Less accurate

Also, your game settings have a *HUGE* effect on weapon accuracys of the AI, but that's global.

Not to be a self promotionalist, but read here:

Realistic Skill and Precision Values

Precision 0.4000 reminds me a lot of the various High Density Fire missions around. The AI can't shoot for crap, but the player does still.

Thanks alot! going to try it out now.

Also whats JAM?

It was a ammo standard created for Op Flashpoint, it increased the dispersion. Many addons used JAM 1,2 or 3.

Marcus

Well ive lowerd all the dispersions of rifles and woah its make a great difference i can now actualy hit somthing from a good range too!

Also when you sprint the crosshair changes to a cross i dont suppose theres any way of changing the default crosshair to the cross or changing it to a dot??

Another thing if i create my own pbo file and pop it in addons and use arma launcher to select my mod will it use my modded config in the pbo over the weapons pbo?

Well ive lowerd all the dispersions of rifles and woah its make a great difference i can now actualy hit somthing from a good range too!

Also when you sprint the crosshair changes to a cross i dont suppose theres any way of changing the default crosshair to the cross or changing it to a dot??

Another thing if i create my own pbo file and pop it in addons and use arma launcher to select my mod will it use my modded config in the pbo over the weapons pbo?

You can change the weapon's crosshairs, they're called cursors in the config.

Thanks for the help.

@ KyleSarnik im trying to make my own pbo but im having probs. Ive made a dir and in it ive put my config.cpp, CfgWeaponCursors.hpp and cfgWeapons.hpp that ive edited and also a data dir and a sound dir in that with my new sounds in it. Now when i pbo it and use the mod launcher to use my pbo the game loads up with no sound no textures and a weird menu screen that looks like when you make your windows taskbar realy high to half of the screen.

Any idea what im doing wrong?