Sign in to follow this  
dkell3

Counter attack

Ok after destroying the 2 Shilkas,the helos fly in and destroy some armour.I move through the town.In front of me on the bridge is a T-72 and a few soldiers.The briefing says to attack the enemy base,with Marine tanks,but stop at the Northern border.But where the hell are the tanks,they never show.I only have 2 men left at that point.

Anyone have this problem?

Yes.

The tanks (and even most of infantry) get destroyed before they even close up to city.

I had even problem with getting my full team out of the Stryker, 'cos it always has been destroyed by T-72 or whatever banghead.gif .

Are the stryker commander supposed to tell you when to get out of it?

Anyway i jumped out once, and completed all objectives, but not the last one, i searched the town for enemies but could not find anyone. Are you supposed to just kill em all in the last objective?

The stryker is really buggy on this mission.. Sometimes they drive to the first squad + 2 T72 tanks located at the beach.. Turns around return the the start position.

Sometimes just drives all around the place, without enemies shooting at it.

Have restarted mission + game several times. Running Arma v1.04 505Release

it's just sad to hear that apparently no improvements have been made to the singleplayer missions sad_o.gif .

when i did that mission (a few months ago), the Marine M-1A1 tanks were destroyed in the city, the crews shot. i found them not far from the bridge.

i just destroyed everything i found, including tanks and infantry.

the mission ended well.

The stryker is really buggy on this mission.. Sometimes they drive to the first squad + 2 T72 tanks located at the beach.. Turns around return the the start position.

Sometimes just drives all around the place, without enemies shooting at it.

Have restarted mission + game several times. Running Arma v1.04 505Release

im getting the same problem here - the strykers keep driving back and forwards between the start and the bend in the road with the barriers... 10 minutes they did that for...

anyway of actually progressing?

A savegame that this mission are completed would be nice.. plus, from the English version, or else the campaign mission names are in a another language.

Got a mail from another user who had same problem as i. He found a solution, revert back to the map, and DON´T do any side missions, this will make counterattack mission work fine.

I'm currently at the the third and last waypoint after killing everything i've come accross. The demilitarize is secure put the game just keeps going. Does anyone know how to bring an end to this so i can move on? I've searched the city without finding anything.

Having the same problem myself. Is this a known bug to BI?

I made a different route. I skipped the strykers and went left, killed everyone in the camp (left my men behind for coveringfire) and proceeded to take out the Shilkas by myself. Then the choppers came in AND some tanks form the "stryker direction". Everyone got killed in town, including the enemy. Me and "my" squad didnt take a hit. And then nothing! I serched the map (tanky you BI for 4*time) and found 3 M1A1 just sitting at the far end of the map from the direction I came from. Bloody annoying this APART from the hideous graphic bugs (alt-tabbing every 5 minutes).

Will try that cheat but it feels really rotten having to cheat to get on.

yes yes, all know this mission f*****d up badly, even if u kill all enemy and secure dem.zone, there is no garanty mission will end.

so, there is solution:

There's is an easy fix though.

1. Press "shift" + "-"

2. Type "endmission"