Sign in to follow this  
-Sniper-

crash with low color desktop

I know there have been a few bug reports and crash issues posted up. However I'm not sure if i have found the problem i always seem to get. I have the czech 1.01 version and the game always crashes to desktop at some point between 10 mins and half hour. The first signs of a crash coming up is the cursors start to go all fuzzy and then some of the scenery looks all messed up, then it will crash to desktop with the usual windows "error, report error or cancel" The problem is that when it crashes to desktop, the whole desktop screen is locked in 8bit color and the only way to get it back to normal is by doing a reboot. Is this a common problem and is there a way to sort it?

You can get it back to normal. Right click on the desktop and go to properties, if it's nvidia, change the multiple monitors to single, and change the res, then you can go back to your multiple monitor, or single and change the res back to normal.

You won't have to do this again if you would download the patch 1.02. It fixed that on my system.

I do have nvidia so that may be the problem. I have tried to update to 1.02 but keep getting the "wrong cd error" that some of the others are talking about

I have the czech 1.01 version

We do not provide support for people who aren't patching the game to the latest version.