Sign in to follow this  
ManDay

How to 'compile' a selfmade mission?

Hello. This may be a stupid question but: How can I finnaly distribute my mission if I finished it?

In OFP I used to 'Save to MP-Mission' and it did generate a proper PBO File for me.

Now, the only thing that happens is, that it creates a new folder i.e. 'myMissionRetail.Sara' and a copy of the 'mission.sqm' in it. Nothing else.

Of course - that doesnt work than. What is wrong?

You should use a PBO-maker (not sure what works for ArmA, some searching will find it for you), and make the folder a .PBO-file (it will be named "somethingsomething.sara.pbo".

Regards

JW

smile_o.gif

Never mind! But keep in mind:

CHOOSE !NOT! TO COMPRESS SQS & SQM FILES IN THE PROPERTIES-DIALOG OF THE PBO-MAKER 1.1! IF YOU COMPRESS SQS THEY WILL NOT WORK!

when i use 'Export to MP' everything seems fine, why would I need to use another program to complie the pbo? I'm new at editing...what cant i do to my mission in the editor alone? I've added respawn and it tests fine, but doesnt work in multi, is it bcuz i need another program? banghead.gif

get Kegetys arma tools

you can un-compress and recompress .pbo's... just clik teh name.. no i am not an editor.. but i did make a silly mission involving lots of sopwiths and some mg's as aaa :P

thanks k1ng, those tools are exactly what I needed. Eliteness crash on two different computers.

Thanks. notworthy.gif

hell i just thought id help out a new editor so maybe oneday a uber MPmission will be created by that new editor. I think i need to learn how to edit things myself. all i can do right now is make small fun games with no scripting involved... such as 30 sopwiths battleing it out for some stupid unapparent reason wink_o.gif

What exactly doesn't work? just the respawn? cause i've been using export to multiplayer for a while now and it always works perfectly, even includes custom music, sound and scripts. And yes respawn works as well

Be careful with online editing of missions.

If you click edit (you copy directory to MPMissions so you can edit them on the fly) and then fix something and press PREVIEW, the game will use the precompiled pbo file and not compile currently edited game to multiplay. Its a bug (or feature... dunno hehe).

So be sure to click Save - export to multiplay and then click preview. Yesterday we accidentally set date from June to December and sun goes down much sooner in Sahrani... thats how we found out this "bug" wink_o.gif