Sign in to follow this  
tlx

Patch 1.40 states the following errors

LOL... biggrin.gif

No, it means that simply saying I don't have any problems in a troubleshooting thread of people who have problems isn't necessary. One assumes that only people suffering from that actual problem would bother to post, unless they wanted to see their name in lights. wink.gif

To add to it, simply saying you have no problems with absolutely no other diagnostic information such as system specs, US/UK version, did you patch through the betas etc is utterly useless.

Perhaps I'm simply having a bad day, so if I'm kicking you as the proverbial dog, I apologize.

Regards,

Badger

No problem. I thought I was helping by:

a) pointing out that the patch works for some, therefore it's not a complete f-up.

b) pointing out that Mal is probably correct that the files ARE different, which is why the CRC is wrong (see Mal's post earlier).

Also, tlx seems to have resolved his problems by re-installing from scratch.

Maybe the solution is as tlx and mal suggested: Don't use any add-ons, etc, and install from scratch to make sure your original files are correct.

It seems to install regardless of the errors, so bis probably programmed it to ignore the problems and patch anyway.

ok guys this is the third or forth post ive made on this matter..

Cpu specs

800 AMD Slot A proc (installed 1.4 With New chip Drviers and without)

256megs sd ram PC 133

20 gig HD 7200 rpm

nvidia gforce 2 mmx 400 64 meg (With latest drivers)

and just updated all MOBO drivers and chipset drivers

i also uninstalled and went into regedit and deleated all vavles that had to do with OFP so once again a compleate install...

and dl

1.00>1.20>1.30>1.40

this is the second time and still get errors

**Note** i got errors on 1.4 before i installed the latest AMD chipset drvers...so BI please can you tell me if its actually an error with files or and error in the crc you guys used...the first time i installed 1.4 i used the following way to get it

1.00>1.11>1.20>1.30>1.40> and got the errors so hope this info will help Bi and Cs out

and have not got any unoffical addons or any maps

i have a fresh install everytime

I got some EXE problems when i installed 1.40

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from UKPUSHER on 5:41 pm on Dec. 21, 2001

there doin it on purpose so we go and buy the gold upgrade [1.3]  which i now HAVE to do

<span id='postcolor'>

I have the gold upgrade and it doesn't change anything

This is what i got exactly:

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.30...

Error found in file OperationFlashpoint.exe (3e1a45d0!=ba978ab8)

Error found in file OpFlashPreferences.exe (42f6b3d5!=209acc88)

Operation Flashpoint: Updating version 1.30 to version 1.40...

Error found in file OperationFlashpoint.exe (94db8b2c!=8a204d88)

Operation Flashpoint patch 1.40 has been applied successfully.

I clicked on ignore on all errors.

I have no custom missions, addons... nothing

I agree, there's definately something wrong here.

I built myself a new base unit for my xmas pressie and I'm getting these errors both with the boxed Gold Edition/Red Hammer upgrade and the 1.4 upgrade.

Took me about 30 attempts untill I finally got an  install up to 1.40... can't wait for the next upgrade.... LOL.

The only way I could upgrade from the RH CD was to manually copy all the files into my OPFP folder then run the upgrade on the CD - this then eventually passed the verification...

Even tried disabling DMA on the HD & DVD drive but that made no difference.

On the upgrade & the 1.40 update it would typically fail on the larger files, Data.pbo, Data3d.pbo, 1985.pbo and most frequently on Redhammer.pbo.

e.g.

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.30...

Error found in file DTA\HWTL\Data.pbo (b86ac2d4!=0f694b5c)

Operation Flashpoint: Updating version 1.30 to version 1.40...

Operation Flashpoint patch 1.40 has been applied successfully.

My System spec is:

Dual Athlon MP1800+ on Tyan TigerMP mobo

1gig pc2100 ram

GeForce3 Ti500

SBLive Audigy

IBM 60g 7200rpm UDMA100 HDD

MT1316 BDV212B IDE DVD drive

Plextor 40x SCSI CD drive

Plextor 12/4/32 SCSI CDRW drive

Advansys ultra-SCSI controller

SMC (Realtek RTL8139) 10/100Mbps LAN

WinXP Pro

I've tried installing from my IDE DVD drive and two SCSI plextor CD drives - all gave errors.

My old system used the same CD drives (but was just a PII-400 running win98) and that seemed ok having successfully updated to the stand alone 1.30 update.  

So I'm not swallowing the 'bad cd drive' excuse either!

Other games & sofware installs just fine.

As a software programmer I find it 'interesting' that a patch can complete successfully despite reporting errors. Oh, and one last thing... when you get a warning and click the 'abort' button.... it ploughs on regardless... doh...

Great game, but please sort the patches out!

(Edited by AndyJ at 1:21 am on Jan. 3, 2002)

same shit happens to me, but i can'''t play the 1.4 and that'''s pretty fucked up.............I will give the experts my Error given to me when i want to play in a 1.4 server!!!!!!