Sign in to follow this  

1.02 Patch fix for Win XP x64 users

I'm using Windows XP x64 and I tried to apply 1.02 patch over SP-Rocket version, German version and CD Czech. There is always an error. Depending on version (German/Czech).

**Example: Applying Czech patch over sprocket version gave an error of missing file sara.pbo, applying German patch over sprocket version found error in ca.pbo**

I tried mixing missing (sara.pbo/ca.pbo) files with exactly same but from different version of the game.

**Example: I replaced original Sprocket files (sara.pbo/ca.pbo) with exactly same ones from German version.**

No luck. There is always different error. I spent 12 hours trying different methods to apply 1.02 patch and I believe the problem is in the patch. It might not be compatible with Windows XP x64.

Here is what I did to get game working smile_o.gif I installed game on another computer (which runs standard Windows XP 32) and applied 1.02 patch. No problems, no errors  crazy_o.gif  Then copied game folder C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA to external HD and pasted it over my Arma on Win XP x64 computer. Guess what? It works !  biggrin_o.gif  yay.gif

The only thing is right now my Arma crashes during online play (probably dual core processor problem).

It's hard to tell why you get that error.. I think all XP x64 users have problems installing this patch. I installed it on my 32 bit Windows without any problems.

Does anybody else have any ideas? I don't have another computer

impi

Here's what I did (Bit cheeky but it worked!!wink_o.gif

I've already installed Vmware Server 1.01 (Free) on my PC - it's free also. I have a 32 bit installation of Windows XP in there. I installed Armed Assault, then the 1.01 patch, then the 1.02, then the english patch. I then copied the contents of the armed assault folder up onto my own PC (The VM Host) - I had deleted the old files there first. After this I ran the game, my settings were saved in my documents so my saves etc were unaffected and 1.02 works fine.

Again - yep, Windows XP 64-bit, must try Vista next !! It's the same as if you had another computer but uses a VM to simulate. Warning: The first time I tried this I ran out of disk space on the VM HDD, I'd to create a second hard disk with LOTS of space (8GB or so) to run the installs and patches. Worked fine then without errors.

Hope this helps, there is also microsoft's virtual server 2005 R2 but vmware is way better still.

Mike

Thanks for sharing your experience with x64 Mike. Before official fix comes out its better deal with it our own way biggrin_o.gif

For those who only have 1 PC. One more theory remains unclear. Making bootable win 32bit CD. (If you use SATA/RAID don't forget to attach necessary drivers to it, otherwise you won't see your C:\ drive). Boot from win 32bit CD and try to install 1.02 patch.

We shouldn't have to do any of this, 64bit has been here well over a year, this is just poor patch making, end of, it's there job to fix it, or so help me god, i will be getting a refund, or lawyers will be contacted.

BIS is not the only company this has happened to. Even EA and Ubi have released mullered patched. The patch was released last friday and BIS only learned of this on Monday. So maybe you give them a day or two to fix it and solve this issue?

As mentioned before in another thread:

You guys might want to try booting WXP64 in safe mode to apply the patch.

BIS is not the only company this has happened to. Even EA and Ubi have released mullered patched. The patch was released last friday and BIS only learned of this on Monday. So maybe you give them a day or two to fix it and solve this issue?

Yeah i know, i was just messing around, even if they never fix it, i dont care that much

We shouldn't have to do any of this, 64bit has been here well over a year, this is just poor patch making, end of, it's there job to fix it, or so help me god, i will be getting a refund, or lawyers will be contacted.

LOL!

Dude just install regular XP, X64 isn't that amazing anyway.

LOL!

WOW theres like 6 posts in this thread, are you too lazy to read them.

what part of ALREADY TRIED THAT AND IT DOESN'T WORK, do you not get

LOL!

What part of LOL GET A GOOD COMPUTER THEN do you not get?

You seem to be the only person with a 32bit problem, so what does that tell you?

GG RE GG.

LOL!

You seem to be the only person with a 32bit problem, so what does that tell you?

GG RE GG.

What part of I BUILT IT MYSELF AND IT MORE THAN WHIPS THE RECOMMENDED SETTINGS ARSE, don't you get?

Again you show your inability to read, as im not the only one who has reported the problem on 32-bit ya smart arsed fanny.

LOL!

GG RE GG.

What part of I BUILT IT MYSELF AND IT MORE THAN WHIPS THE RECOMMENDED SETTINGS ARSE, don't you get?

Again you show your inability to read, as im not the only one who has reported the problem on 32-bit ya smart arsed fanny.

Generally a good computer is one that works as it should.

Not one which "whips the recommended settings".

Yours, does not seem to work, as it should.

Therefore, not a good computer.

LOL!

GG RE GG.

Generally a good computer is one that works as it should.

Not one which "whips the recommended settings".

Yours, does not seem to work, as it should.

Therefore, not a good computer.

Razor the only thing my computer (either of them) is having problems with is this patch, nothing else.

I think it's fairly safe to assume this isn't a my computer problem.

Thank you Angel.

I'll try that for the 32-bit system, i've already tried it on the 64bit and that doesnt work.

btw digital

patching will be EXTREMELY LONG

so you can count easily one hour (i can't tell how long cause i ran it before going to bed)

Thank you Angel.

I'll try that for the 32-bit system, i've already tried it on the 64bit and that doesnt work.

btw digital

patching will be EXTREMELY LONG

so you can count easily one hour (i can't tell how long cause i ran it before going to bed)

it's cool i fixed it, thanx for the info.

On the Wiki it says BIS will putting out a new patch to address the 1.02 patch/64 bit problem. Does anybody have any news of this or a link to this modified patch.

NB: I have tried all the suggested fixes.so please do not reply with any more suggestions. I'm only interested in links or news about the modified patch

cheers, impi