Sign in to follow this  
Laphin

Softwrap Purchase (CD Protection on Install)

I bought ArmA on Softwrap and installed it completely, everything works fine until the patch is installed and you have to install StarForce CD Protection Drivers.

I own and purchased the game rightfully, and now since it's patched.. the game is telling me I need the CD in the CD drive to be able to play. I don't have that...

So even though I purchased the game... I can't play it.. and I'll be damned if I'm gonna play the unpatched version.

Someone have any help on this issue?

Yeah, if you'd actually read any of the countless other topics that are closed, you would know the downloadable versions are ALREADY PATCHED

Okay, I respect that, but then what about all the other countless patches that will be released?? No way to patch it then.

You'll be able to, trust me. They won't just leave half of the players that opted to download out in the cold, I promise.

As covered in a number of threads, both the Metaboli and Sprocket download versions of ArmA are patched to 1.01, future patches will be released for those versions the same as future patches will be released for the boxed versions.