Sign in to follow this  
MeNeZ

Armored Fist "hold" error

Hi,

I have been playing avidly and Im stuck on the campain Armored Fist mission. I re-tried it from scratch more than 4 times an I am still having issues, I hope someone can help.

There are 2 objectives, take the first town & take take the second. I take the first one and proceed to the next...

I kill everyone in the town and then it prompts something about securing defensive possisions and to look for survivors.

Then a BMP & Tank come from the South which I take out...

Then nothing happens! I have driven up the hill gone back to the town, even gone back to the beginning but nothing happens.

It just says "hold" town as obj. Everyone is dead, I even ran around the whole base on foot looking for people & no1 is left.

I have tried this approah MANY times. Please help, I cant get past this bloody stage!

I do each step straight forward. It looks as if something scripted is needed to occur but its not triggering. help.gif

After the defensive positions message, TWO BMP's and a single T72 should come. From what you're wrote, it seems you've missed one (or its entirely possible its off somewhere doing whatever it feels fit at the time sad_o.gif )

Argh! Painfull :/

I drove bloody everywhere, I thought there might be an enemy soldier camping in a bush somewhere.

I reverted the previous mission and chose a different course. Thanks for your help by the way.

I had the same problem and haven't bothered to try it again, killed everything I could find and waited for over 20 minutes at the 2nd base.

Played this mission 4 times and got stuck same situation

3 out of 4 trys.

-

Heres what I noticed. There are supposed to arrive 1 Tank and

2 BMPs, ya.

The 3 times where the mission did not finish, 1 Tank and 1 BMP

showed up on the southern side of base on the road leading over the ridge.

1 BMP not showing up.

-

The one time I managed to get the mission to end, the one

missing BMP came over the bridge via the *western* side of base.

(We all know by now, how great ArmAs AI handles bridges, no?

'Do I *really* have to cross? Or not?' ) wink_o.gif

-

When you look at the mission in the editor, they(group of 3 vehicles)

only got 2 waypoints; the second one is an 'Move' , ending at the *southern*

gate of base. If you look at it, 2 more waypoints

should have easily led the AI, to where it was supposed to end up. (Southern edge of base)

-

Since its an movement order across really difficult terrain, I

assume, the BMP gets stuck either under the bridge directly

or not too far around the base. W-SW vector. Coordinates

FG22-27

to

GC22-27

-

But thats not the only possibility. The group of the 3 vehicles

has an 0.2 chance of 'allowfleeing' given.

So, if it didnt get stuck in said coords;...Sara is biiig, ya? smile_o.gif

Anyone knows/can explain the rules of 'Allowfleeing' ?

Where to? How far away? Coming back some day?

-

I sense this command should be used with extra caution or

*at least* be coupled with an 'Opfor not present in this radius'

Thanks,

I reverted and did the helicopter mission instead thinking that I wouldnt have to do the tank mission but n ot so lucky...I finished the tank mission after like the 6th try. (died alot just trying to get the gunner to target enemies properly)

But now Im on the helicopter mission which follows it...OMW, this game is really shocking me. What a pain in the rectum it is, firstly flying to the waypoint and then the targetting of enemies hasnt changed at all since OFP.

The hellfires miss completely most of the time even if I hover up behind a tank. Sometimes it shoots perfectly but mostly it misses. Then its another story getting the gunner to target infantry or even tanks directly in front of the chopper.

I have found that 1000m is a good range to engage but like I said the hellfire misses even parked tanks. I keep the chopper steady with the dot on the target but I dunno.

The auto hover hasnt changed either & still sux. I slow down & approach low and then auto hover but then it goes HIGH into the sky and then the chopper becomes really unstable. It would be nice if the autohover needed like half the height it uses to slow and go to a hover.

Gonna try this misison again now but its not cool doing a mission over & over again because of the AI or scripting

Peace*

Well I tried it again and the same thing happend with this script error that comes up twice in the mission at the 2nd base.

Armored_Fist_Campaign.jpg

^

Yes, I get this as well.

It's in here:

GlobRunning.sqs

Well I tried it again and the same thing happend with this script error that comes up twice in the mission at the 2nd base.

Armored_Fist_Campaign.jpg

Same here. As soon as I finish the soldiers running around on the southern ridge like headless chicken, I get the message "Good job, take defensive positions and defend the base" and that script thingy from above. Then the T-72 and the two BMP even come over the ridge. But when I blast them, nothing happens. This needs to be fixed!

I noticed something...

After I destroyed the last tank in the second base, I got the radio message "good job, now hold the base." I saved at this point. When I looked at the objective marker on the base (after the "hold the base" radio message) it still read "Capture the base."

First try: I waited outside the base, destroyed the T-72 and BMP that came over the hill, and then moved to the objective marker on the base. When I got to the marker, it changed to "hold the base", but the mission didn't end...and it never did, no matter what I tried.

I reloaded the game, and went to the objective marker before the T-72 and BMP came over the hill (so it changed to "hold the base"); after I destroyed the T-72 and BMP, the mission immediately ended.

I haven't re-tested it, it could just be a coincidence...but could this explain the problems people are having? You have to go to the marker before the counter-attack, or you'll be stuck in limbo? I guess I'll have to open up the script file, and look at the triggers.

BTW, I'm on 1.02 Czech version, and I didn't get the script error.

HTH,

Lowrider

I'll have to try it again in future sometime, I gave up on playing the Campaign ever since this mission as it was a waste of time.