Sign in to follow this  
Dan the Wonder Llama

Game launches, process runs but no window

This is very strange indeed. I have the Metaboli.fr downloaded version of the German game, everything downloaded and installed successfully, including starforce. However, when I attempt to launch, the small window with the boxes that get checked pops up and checks off, but nothing happens. The arma process still runs in task manager hogging about 40 megs of memory, but no matter how long I wait the actual game never pops up. My soundcard, GPU and chipset drivers are all up to date.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

1gb Ram

Radeon x800xl 256mb

ArmA 1.01 German

dx9

If you have downloaded the German version, I deem it highly unlikely that you had to install Starforce. The German version comes with SecuRom as copy protection.

Or does the downloadable version come with Starforce ? huh.gif

None the less, please provide me with two additional infos:

1) Mainboard

2) Operating system

Or does the downloadable version come with Starforce ? huh.gif

Yes.

Okay let's see ..

- Your OS seems fine, since it's patched to SP2

- The Gigabyte board uses an nVidia nForce4-4X chipset.

- GPU is almost the same as mine ( X850 )

1) What chipset drivers do you have installed ? The current version for the nForce4 is 6.86 and it has been released July 7, 2006. Get it HERE

2) I assume you are already using the newest Catalysm ATi driver ? ( If not get it HERE )

Up, scratch that, I figured it out. I have a USB device that allows you to plug a playstation type controller into it and use it for games. I had it plugged in but without a controller, but when I unplugged it the game worked. I assume since there was no actual controller plugged in it confused the game or something. thumbs-up.gif

PS2 controller USB adapter ... ouch lol .. guess I would have never figured that out.

Ticket closed ^.^