Sign in to follow this  
charlieromeo77

System restarts after 10-15 mins.

Hi !

I have the german version of ARMA (patched).

After playing for about 10-15 it crashes and the comp restarts.

I have read someone else had a similar problem and solved it by updating his motherboard drivers.

It somehow did not work for me.

After the comp has restarted i get the windows has found a problem and sent it to MS. It says unknown driver issue.

Here is my system:

fujitsu siemens intel p4 2.8 Ghz

1024 mb RAM

Geforce 7600 GT (i had a geforce 6600 gt before and the same problem)

Here is what i tried already to no effect:

-changed to older gfx drivers and back to the newest

-updated the BIOS drivers

-changed virtually all options in the gfx panel in all possible constellations

-reinstalled ARMA several times

i will take any advise gladly

coz for the time the game its running, i like it a lot

greetz

chris

Download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Not sure what mainboard you got in the Siemens PC.

*EDIT* Your BIOS has nothing to do with the chipset drivers. Actually there is no such thing as "BIOS drivers". You can flash your BIOS to a newer version however.

If your PC reboots/blue screens, it's always driver or operating system bug. Games can at worst cause crash to desktop, but reboot/bluescreen is either hardware problem (overheating) or driver bug.

Did you upgrade the PSU when you upgraded the GFX? Most OEM built PC have bare minimum PSUs with very little headroom for anything other than what they came with(which is generally very little)

ok i will try to find out to update that psu

however there are no updates for my chipset drivers it seems

dang...yesterday it worked fine for several hours, after i turned write combining on...now iam back to thje same oldproblem

maybe i need a new comp

If your PC reboots/blue screens, it's always driver or operating system bug. Games can at worst cause crash to desktop, but reboot/bluescreen is either hardware problem (overheating) or driver bug.

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available? : No (see Next steps)

What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart

Cause : Unknown device driver

Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Information about this error

...as there is no overheating iam sure it is a driver bug...any idea how to fix that ?

im 99% sure this is a power supply unit problem.

make sure you are running a 450+ watt.

I concur.

IF you are lucky it "may" be a 350W PSU but of questionable quality(think about 200-250W peak) it will not handle any sort of "High Performance" GFX card and will just give up and start causing other errors on your system when they start losing power.

Take it from an OC'r the first sign of not enough power are BSOD's and Memory Errors.

Well I mean if you had a multimetre you could hook it up to a spare molex on a black and the yellow wire and load up your system and see how much below 12V it drops. Outside of that your symptoms are a pretty good indication of lack of power.

If your Graphics adapter has a seperate power supply ( You have to hook up a power cable for your HD or CD ROM to the gfx card ) you should make sure you have at least 450 Watts.

However I don't think your problem is caused by an insufficient PSU. If that was the case you would have had problems with other 3D applications as well.

I still think it's a driver problem. Check the MS dumpfile for the DLLs involved in the crash. They can hint at something.

Can you tell me precisely what Siemens PC model you own ?

I will check for the chipset and whether there are new drivers available. As I've stated in a post I made in the troubleshooting forums yesterday, the PC manufacturers and even mainboard manufacturers sometimes never update the drivers they offer on their sites. You should refer to the chip manufacturers.

That was me with updating the motherboard drivers.

however I had such a complete system crash once more but that was the only crash ever after updating.

I had same problem for Operation Flashpoint, seemed to me that the OS gets fucked when having to many addons or so, dunno really. but thats impossible for ArmA.

I have a 500+ Power Supply Unit, Nforce2 Mainboard, Sapphire ATI X800 GTO, 1GB Ram, 2400+ AMD.

never had such crashes in any other applications/games. OFP / ArmA are the only two. But hadn't a crash after Updating to 1.01.

will report in when I have a crash again.

Evers

I have the same problem all my drivers are up to date and chipset is up to date. After blowing up bridge in delores I get into jeep and start driving then blue screen of death. What a waste of money downloading the game and ordering a hard copy sad_o.gif

By the way I am running a 550 power supply and no driver conflicts

A lot of those stories about power requirement are nonsense. I suggest you read here.

A 7600GT actually uses less power than a 6600GT.

A lot of those stories about power requirement are nonsense. I suggest you read here.

A 7600GT actually uses less power than a 6600GT.

He also had the problem with the 6600GT, so we can't really exclude the PSU theory.

This thread and some links inside might be interesting as well:

6600GT to 7600GT or 7900GS whistle.gif

hello and thanks for the interest

my pc is a fujitsu siemens scaleo 600

intel p4 2.8ghz (dual core)

windows xp (sp2)

motherboard: gigaybyte GA-8SGXL

chipset = north bridge sis 648FX

for the gfx card

i had a geforce 6600gt ..arma ran horrible stutters, graphic bugs textures load very slow etc (on lowest settings)

so i went and bought the 7600gt

and arma runs quite well on low settings

apart for the system crash which happens nearly everytime i play offline, while irregularly when playing online (i even played like 4-5 hours online without crash once)

ok here is some more info i hope it is useful:

i had an ati 9800 pro before which went to hell one day

that is when i bought the geforce 6600gt like 1 year ago

at that time i was playing joint ops (wide open areas)

and i noticed that my fps sucked compared to the radeon card. (yes i have used the cleaner) however call of duty 2 (urban environment) ran better, so i tought..aha..its the card

however i tried joint ops with the new 7600gt and still very low fps ...which seems strange

so question -> if he psu is too weak will it affect framerate ?

but then i also play americas army which ran fine with all the cards....also arma is nice, even online

so i have strange symptoms here,...

i hope that some of that info is useful.

oh and iam using that everest program and updated everything that seemed gfx driver related...and had available updates...

The fact you are able to play for hours sometimes more or less excludes all PSU issues. My two cents.

We had someone here today whos PC would reboot right when starting up ArmA. As it turned out, the problem was related to a sound card driver issue.

The recent drivers for your IDE/AGP/GART devices can be found here: http://www.sis.com/download/

Maybe you try the soundcard thingy as well ?

hi

thanks

but i have updated those

as well as the ac97 driver

it says that the source of te problem is an "unknown" driver issue..

i checked in the minidump but the docs there are just...signs with no sense...i will copy the problem paths though

C:[directory…]Mini120806-01dmp

C:(directory…)Sysdata.xml

ok i found a new update for the ac 97 !

downloaded the codecs...and praying that this will solve the problems pistols.gif

however i could not install the sis audio drivers...