Sign in to follow this  
King Tiger

Invasion of Europe: Part 1   RELEASED!

I'm sure the French really lost in that war because of their wrong strategy of using armor forces. Actually, by simiulation of the Mod, it proofed that French tanks were in no way weaker than that of german. I used a B1 platoon comprised by three B1 heavy tanks to fight against a whole company of german tanks with 8 II tanks , two III tanks, two 35T tanks and one III assault gun. They just successfully hold the line with infantry.

The french, British and URSS armies, loses the first years of the war because this armies didn't belive in the potential of the armor, they belived that the tanks were only a suport of the infantery, the french and russian armor (captured in huge quantities) were used by the axis armies in second line units (train protection, against the partisans, etc...), and several times in firs line units Barbarrosa operations (french tanks and armored cars) or Kursk(?) Battle (the germans used T-34 tanks).

OH.......tell the guys in the french forums i love this comment...

Malheureusement il a fallu que ça soit les anglo-saxons qui fassent les premiers addons français sur cette période.. Mais bon on s'en contentera!  rofl.gif

although I don't think I can be classified as anglo-saxon

tounge2.gif

Silliness is an international human characteristic  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The tanks explosed too often. But when this war occured, tanks rarely exploded, because of the small sized AT ammunitions, except when hit by heavy guns like the 105mm leFh18 or the 88mm FlaK18 (missing in the mod).

For that, you just have to increase the value of armorEngine, so that it'll need more hits or stronger ammo to make it explode.

Some other points :

Missing reloadSound :

- Berthier M16

- Boys Mk1 AT rifle

- Kar 98

- PzB 39

- MAS 36

- Lebel (grenade launcher type)

Leaders need binoculars.

The relodMagazineTime for the Lebel should be, as the tubular magazine was manually reloaded, round after round. That would balance this rifle with more modern rifles with less ammo.

Wrong version of the Ju-87, here as a Ju-87D (or else), while Germans most modern Stuka for the Invasion of Europe was the Ju-87B-1 (shorter nose, larger radiator).

The WEP script works oddly. When out of fuel and should crash to the ground, you can still fly thanks to the constant use of the WEP option  biggrin_o.gif

Ju-87 engine sound seems to weak (stealth aircraft ?).

Most employed bomb load by the Ju-87 during the campain of France :

- 1 x bomb 250 kg under the fuselage

- 4 x bomb 50 kg under wings (2x2).

The 500kg bomb isn't currently visible.

I have plans of the diiferent german bombs. Interested ?

The pilot has two bags under the legs, visible when gliding in parachute and sat in the plane. The ejection is too strong, as if Germans already had Zero-Zero Martin Baker ejection seats rofl.gif

Missing engineSound for the SdKfz 251. Blank written in the action menu where we should find open/close Armored window.

The off-road speed of the SdKfz 231/232 (6-rad) should be lower as its suspensions were inefficient offroad. The 8-rad was a real improvement in offroad driving for the german recon forces.

Because of the aiRateOfFire and aiRateOfFireDistance current values, machine gunners fire... single shots  crazy_o.gif . 2 solutions :

- put aiRateOfFireDistance=0 and aiRateOfFire= MG's reloadTime. Bad effect, IAs will lack ammo very fast  sad_o.gif

- a bit more complicated solution : create a Machinegunner (IA) with a special MG for them, configurated to fire burst of 3-5 round according to your wishes.

AT rifles are too powerful in my opinion. 1 shot to explode a P178, Waaouh  xmas_o.gif

AMD P178 and 25mm AT cannon don't currently use the same ammunitions. I'm not sure the 25mm gun use explosive rounds.

According to german reports, the 25mm was really feared by tanks crew. More efficient (but short ranged) then the french silly short 37mm SA18 gun, it produced not much smoke and the flame was not visible.

French tanks reloadtime should be largely increased as it was the tank commander who was commander, gunner and loader. Like :

- R35, H39, FCM36 : current reloadtime +3

- S-35 (not sure the radioman helped so much), B1 Bis : current reloadtime +1.5

It could be interesting for the B1 Bis to have the 75mm howitzer, even if configurated in the turret. However, without multi-turret scripting, it's afterall modder's choice.

French Chef de Bataillon, Capitaine, Lieutenant and Sous-Lieutenant carry a MAS36 rifle, however their model carry a pistol holster.

Tanks from this era had a very low autonomy, more or less 80-150km on road, half off-road (except the FCM36 with its diesel engine). fuelCapacity=560 is, in my opinion, too much. Remember that 1 point of fuelCapacity = 0.725km.

You gave the FCM36 armor=205 and the R-35 armor=255. While both had the same front armor value, you must know that the french cast armor manufacture wasn't really good, and that the FCM used welded laminated plates (as germans did) which were, for the same thickness, more efficent than the cast armor.

Same problem for the P178 Armoured car, whick were one of the best protected (20mm max), compared to the 10-15mm of the first german cars. I think armor=100 should be increased.

Daily report finished, sir  thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]You gave the FCM36 armor=205 and the R-35 armor=255. While both had the same front armor value

Just in case - armor in OFP depends on some model properties wink_o.gif So giving the same values for different models is not good solution if you want to balance them

Some observations:

-1re Classe in the French Reserves and the Spahis Army lacks ammo for his Lebel M35.

-The Sergent in the French Reserves and the Spahis Army lacks ammo for his Berthier M34.

-The MG34 appears to be using the standard ammo drum that could only have held 50 rounds.

-Why only one ammo type for the tanks that carried actually carried more then one ammo type for its main gun? The H39/SA35, for example, carried AP rounds and HE rounds for its main gun. While, the H39/SA18 carried HE rounds and AP or Sabot rounds for its main gun. I don't know the exact type of AP round (i.e., APHE) that each French and Nazi Germany tank used. Additionally, if Sabot rounds officially replaced AP rounds in every French tank that used the low velocity 37mm SA18 gun (i.e., R-35 and FCM-35).

-Should not the sapper be carrying the satchels? It makes more sense than the sapper carrying only tank mines.

yay.gif

Panhard 178 ans SdKfz 231/232 (6-rad) should'nt be amphibious vehicles.

canFloat=false;

Very nice addon pack, adding new fresh stuff.

Thumbs up

I especially like the panzers and armored vehicles

Cant you release the german panzer pack also as a separate addon on resistance side - for mods such as LiBMOD that have the germans as EAST?

Quote[/b] ]for mods such as LiBMOD that have the germans as EAST?

What for ?

1. Looks likes there're no models that can be compared to lib ones

2. (primary) anyway they won't be balanced and thus playeble

What for ?

mad_o.gif they have some patchable bugs (2.) , ok, but they're so cool (1.) yay.gif

The models of early german tanks and french stuff are really awesome and dont think they are inferior to models from other Mods. Just the german infantry seems not very good. Maybe is the rush time for making in so short time. I just modified a litttle to their germany infantry and if could be approved, i could release it.

Quote[/b] ]for mods such as LiBMOD that have the germans as EAST?

What for ?

well Im so sorry that our 2 man team of myself and Kazuki Fuse busting our asses for 3 years to make this mod can't compete with YOUR level of quality.

One point about the Panzer II Ausf C. You used the same model for the 39's and the 40's Pz II. However, the 39's Pz didn't have yet the added 20mm front armour plate on the turret and the rounded front hull armour (giving an angled front hull armour).

These were added in 40 after examining combat experience in Poland. It was proven that the Pz II's 15mm armour was too vulnerable against the Polish AT rifles.

Later was manufactured the Ausf F with thickened welded armoured plates.

Ausf C (1939, Poland) : 15mm max.

Ausf C (1940, France) : 15+20mm max.

Ausf F (1941) : 30mm max.

I found a good story about the French Cavalry Corps fighting Germans in 1940 here.

Maybe it will change the mind of some people who still think WW2 French tanks had 1 forward speed and 4 reverse speeds  rofl.gif

Edit :

I found what I was looking for : the 25mm Hotchkiss AT gun didn't fire HE rounds.

25mm HE rounds were not manufactured by France (at its own dispair when the war outbroke) according to the 1896 international convention limitating explosing rounds to ammunition having inside more than 500g of explosive.

This convention was signed in order to forbid small explosive ammunitions which would have turn the battlefield into an apocalytic bloodbath.

yes french tank are often better than german couterpart

at montcornet a french b1 bis destroyed 13 german panzer and came back in his line with 141 shot in his armored plates.

yes exactly like the russian KV (especially the KV2 one of them stop an entire armored regiment before it was destroyed)

KING TIGER

just one question, do you know if your great work could be playable in Arma with a little work or do you have to make an entire new mod?

heh...

Your czech light tanks aren´t real... interior etc.

Your cz tanks be out of character real cz (Or Slovak, or german) Lt (Or LMT, PzKpfw) tanks...  wink_o.gif

sorry for critic...

yes exactly like the russian KV (especially the KV2 one of them stop an entire armored regiment before it was destroyed)

KING TIGER

just one question, do you know if your great work could be playable in Arma with a little work or do you have to make an entire new mod?

Once i buy ArmA i'll see, I've been discussing ArmA with some of the other inactive members, it all depends on manpower and interest in the mod....my motivation to work on this mod into ArmA by myself is in decline sad_o.gif

Tasi....

do you have any pics, links, info to back that up?

remember the germans made modifications to the pz35 and 38t after incorporating them into the army

plus finding interior information on a pz35t was pretty much impossible so its just the copy of the pz38t interior

my czech tanks are based on info found in [Waffen-Arsenal] - 021 - Pzkpfw Skoda 35(t) and various scale modeling sites

Promo movie for PART2

(rapidsharelink)

This is a unofficail promo movie I have made for Invasion of Holland

I was experimenting with Fraps

King Tiger can use addons builders!

there is alot what need to be build!

(my first made movie)

nice video Bennie  thumbs-up.gif i like the paras ^_^ nahhh i like all'em smile_o.gif what's the battleplan smile_o.gif ?

take the brigde at Dordrecht

thank U that u like it! smile_o.gif

take the bridge at Dordrecht

I first thought you were joking about Dordrecht. But actually it is sensible when you look at the site of Dordt open stad:

http://www.dordtopenstad.nl/

well the dutch forces tryed severel times to retake the bridge and prevent the german ground troops to cross it