Sign in to follow this  
HitSqdhaXor

Disable Voice Over Network

Just want the line to disable VON, mute mic spammers, or at least identify them.

There is Nothing like hearing Darh Vader breathing, a person's mother yelling at them, or a vibrant "echo" of what comes from one's speakers.

And a very good reason is:

It could also be causing dedicated server instability and CrAsHeS.

EDIT:

(( Sickboy QUOTE REMOVED ))

I imagine the disable line would be something like this:

VoiceOverNetwork=0;

- Can anyone confirm? (I am running this line on our server now, I will update as soon as I confirm.)

EDIT:

No that line does not work ... waiting for feedback.

**This should have probably been posted in MP ... sorry Placebo. Plz Move if you have time - TIA!

Sickboy agrees: (mid way down) From The Dedicated Server Crashes Thread

"The problem seems to relate to the ingame voice system. When we didn't use this and explicitly told everyone NOT to use it, we were playing for 20 minutes, switched mission to another mission without any problems etc. etc."

That were my preliminary results m8, please check the rest of the thread, as I updated later that the crashes were related otherwise wink_o.gif

Ok I removed your quote, but I think it is a combination of issues with scripts, VON, custom files (face.jpg) and various windows/memory related issues.

Client side crashes have more to do with scripts and the server side crashes are more the Windows and memory issues.

Once the Linux server is out ... 99% of server crashes will go away.

Ok I removed your quote, but I think it is a combination of issues with scripts, VON, custom files (face.jpg) and various windows/memory related issues.

Client side crashes have more to do with scripts and the server side crashes are more the Windows and memory issues.

Once the Linux server is out ... 99% of server crashes will go away.

Succesfully using VON, custom files, and various scripts.

Server never crashes anymore, except like 0,1% of all the time, and that's not bad at all smile_o.gif

Linux isn't going to change/solve bugs in ArmA Deddy Server, those bugs first gotto be squashed otherwise it will crash just as hard as on Windows.

Crashes of the server can be caused by:

- A process is eating up memory (happened at SES server, was the vnc service), or you generally have just too less mem on the server

- Server Crashes when bound to 2 or more cpu's; bind it to 1 cpu and it will run smooth! (happened at 6thSense.eu servers)

- Client Crashes seem to occur many times more when the spawnpoint is around the water side, when the spawn points were set 200m inland, it never crashed anymore (Reported by Chipper)

- Client Crashes seem to occur many times when ppl are using the maxmem feature, without it, those crashes seem gone!

- There are numerious little game bugs that keep everything pretty unstable, disabling von isn't gonna change that, running on linux neither. We need a couple of patches, and I don't expect we have to wait too long....

Best thing you can do for now is pick up the missions that have the most crashes, and fix them, or get them out for a while.

Seems the point of the post is moot.