Sign in to follow this  
lethal

a little help please?

the download finally finished i i am able to play. first introduction mission was pretty chaotic with me pretty much standing by as my unit got sloughtered without even seeing a single enemy whistle.gif but i managed to get to safety and finish it.

now i'm on to the second one - the optional mission to take out the armor parked at the small enemy camp:

i tried severy times now with different approaches - i tried taking out the guard at the entrance to the camp in the small valley just short of the first shilka. that seems to be a mistake since it seems to trigger a silent alert with guards showing up using nv-goggles. even though i managed to take out a few of them someone always manages to take me out without me getting seeing him. then i tried the more direct approach over the small hill in front of the camp. that failed, too, since as soon as i fire the first round the whole camp seems to be aware of my position and before i even have a chance to switch weapons or get to safety i get taken out.

then i tried sneaking past the guards and placing the satchel near the first shilka. and then retreating towards the small hill. as soon as i am in position to fire at the other vehicles i thought blowing the satchel would create enough of a distraction so i can finish the rest of the tanks. big mistake: as soon as the satchel blows the enemies don't even seem to look in that direction but start firing at me immediately. again i get taken out before i can finish the tanks sad_o.gif

then i tried sniping the guards from a distance to be able to fire my AT rounds without getting shot at - again those nv-equipped soldiers show up and take me out...

now i don't now what else to try - the mission seems to be pretty unbalanced. i get only one satchel and no silent weapons so it seems being spotted is unavoidable. however once i do get spotted i seem to be targeted by every single enemy unit there which all seem to have *perfect* vision with or without nvg:(

i hope someone here can give me pointers as to what the right approach to this mission is.

yea this mission is hard, it left me swearing a lot :P

how I did it: kill guard at entrance, place satchel at first chilka...climb to hill, detonate, destroy shilka on the right, go prone retreat a little and sneak up the hill again to finish off the 2 bmp's.

switching to regular helps biggrin_o.gif

starting to get really pissed here by the damn all-knowing ai.

i destroyed ALL enemy camps first (i did so without them ever firing a shot). got a *silenced* ak from the small camp just north from the one you get the enemy intel from. returned to the main objective - scouted around a little and was able to get very close without anybody seeing me, then retreated to a safe distance and finished off the guard at the entrance. after that i waited for the pair that regulary comes towards the first shilka to be just behind that and finished them off. *Immidiatly* (sp?) *everybody* in the camp went into 'alert-mode' (i could see them all hitting the dirt) and just a few second after i was dead again banghead.gif . there was NO WAY that anybody in the camp could have seen those two go down - i checked by moving to the exact spot i killed them and i had no LOS to any other guards. plus even if they did see them go down - how the hell do they know where i am? it was pitch black by the time i started my attack and none of them had nvg (the reinforcement have not arrived yet).

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

goodnight.gif

sorry for this rant but this so called 'AI' is just getting to me.

yepp, i got probs with the "AI" too, looks like that the ai is still on the OFP stand. na di hate it when you driving in a truck and an damn abrams is ramming me cause the ai did not see me... lol i guess when i was foe they will see me about 400miles rofl.gif

Mmmmmmmmkay what ever, the game rocks anyway^^

I think the enemy should not know your position when all you do is touch off your satchel. This way it's very unrealistic. When all you do is press a button they should have no idea at all where you might be.

Hi,

I simply took the rocket launcher and blew up the tanks from the top of the hill...you can get extra ammo for the launcher in the enemy camp (the camp with the fireplace, which is next to the boat). The only problem are the static MG-positions spotting you through the darkness and shooting at you over a very (unrealistic) long distance. The only way to get around this, is IMHO to either stay prone or to have a tree between you and the MG-position(s).

Good luck!

greetz

Meh, I learned my lesson in OFP. If the mission is too shit it is easier to just skip or endmission it, instead of wasting your time and nerves.

My solution (works well with 2-3 saves at critical points..):

go uphill, crawl to the shilka and place satchel, crawl back uphill. There is a place with a bush (little bit of sight cover) from where you can can just target the most left tanks and the other 1+shilka. Target shoot, reload, target, shoot, reload, target shoot (fast!!!wink_o.gif, hit the dirt...crawl a bit uphill, run, run, run! (edit: you can blow up that stachel by time, or later before/while running)

imho your are not supposed to use the rifle at all - that just will make you a target.

ps: if that was a real mission and me being a real soldier, i'd tell my superiors to give me a f* silenced weapon, before going there! wink_o.gif