Sign in to follow this  
Shabadu

I fought the LAW soldier.

Light Anti-tank weapon? So why is it virtually useless against tanks? The only upside to the weapon is the fact that you can carry more LAW rockets than you can AT rockets. Even so sometimes it takes more than one AT so three LAWs is pretty lame. Then again I guess we're keeping up with 1980's technology not making it up as we go along.

It's virtually useless against tanks because thats what it is in real life....pretty much useless against tanks. A 66mm HEAT round is not going to do much against a tank, unless it is a rear or track hit....and in either case you are NOT going to get a crew compartment penetration, so all you did was piss off the crew...and told them where you are.

If you want realism....the LAW is a disposable, one-shot-done weapon...it is not reloadable.

Use the LAW the way it is really used....against lightly aromored vehicles (Gaz, Ural, BMP rear shot) and defended positions (sniper in tower, sand bag fortification, etc)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (sgtdwetzel @ Jan. 28 2002,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's virtually useless against tanks because thats what it is in real life....pretty much useless against tanks.  A 66mm HEAT round is not going to do much against a tank, unless it is a rear or track hit....and in either case you are NOT going to get a crew compartment penetration, so all you did was piss off the crew...and told them where you are.

If you want realism....the LAW is a disposable, one-shot-done weapon...it is not reloadable.

Use the LAW the way it is really used....against lightly aromored vehicles (Gaz, Ural, BMP rear shot) and defended positions (sniper in tower, sand bag fortification, etc)<span id='postcolor'>

Didn't say I was using against tanks.