Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

7900GTX/4200X2/2GB Ram, Will ArmA preform well?

Post-Note: Not a 'brag' thread.

I just bought a $380.00 video card strictly for ArmA (It's still on the way and I don't have it yet). Did I make the right choice going for the 7900GTX? I know the 8800's just came out but for $649.00 I'll pass.

Will my GFX be 'very well' in ArmA?

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939

Video: 7900GTX

RAM: GeIL Value 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel

Mobo: ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Socket 939 ULi M1695 ATX AMD

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 320GB

Monitor: BenQ FP93GX Black 19" 2ms LCD

I have a 6800GT right now with OFP and the quality of the game is mid-low. Currently have textures on very low and view distance on 2500. MP games can lag me under 10FPS Average!

But with this new video card and Arma, will my game be maxed out with settings? Or will Arma need more out of my system to run at HIGH 9+KM View Distance + Textures.

If you look around and read what others say, watch some screenshots and look at the specs, you should know that your rig should perform just fine with an 7900GTX.

Your processor, seems to be the 'slower' part.

I don't know what motherboard you have, though, I take it a socket 939.

- Viper

I mean not to brag. I say this simply because on my online OFP games I can hit FPS (Game FPS not internet lag), at an average of under 10FPS. And the 6800GT was smokin hot when OFP came out. And so, with this new video card, comes the thought that ArmA, will preform the same way OFP did.. under the 10FPS. Don't get me wrong, single player missions hardly lag, and I play the majority of my games fine. However, when I'm online with games like RTS/CTI my game just loves to go below 10fps.

Yes. Socket 939.

You might want to check your PC, see if you got any rubbish on it, spy/ad-ware, virusses.

The reason you might have game lag on the internet is because there are much more units on it than in SinglePlayer ?

Also, I take it you're playing the game on a server, not hosting it, right ?

Also, make sure all of your drivers are up to date, including your motherboard ones.

On another note;

OFP was more CPU/Memory intensive than Graphical I believe.

Of course, graphics did play a role, but ArmA will utilize graphics much better than OFP.

Looking at other people though, with lower specs, ArmA performs excellent.

- Viper

OFP was also not as optmized as ArmA, so newer rigs sometimes perform worse than expected with OFP. smile_o.gif

Thats right; OFP brought the same fps with my old AMD 1800+, 1gb ram and ati 9800XT compared to my upgraded system now -> amd 64 3000+ (will be upgraded again soon ^^ ) , 2 gb ram and nvidia 7800 GS.

So, you shouldn't make conclusions because how OFP ran on your system.

As far as i know your system will just do really fine. thumbs-up.gif

Indeed, Armed Assault is a modern game, and therefor newer rigs should perform better. Like it should be.

Blimey! How did I know, Viper, that you would be the second one on to post "Computer Specs/help me" type thread! You leap at this stuff.

But yeah, your processor is the slower side, but your card and your RAM should be fine, if Viper taught me right!

-Spitfire. xmas_o.gif

wikipedia says that a 3ghz cpu is recommened for arma.

you have amd 4200+ that equals a 4.2 ghz proccesor

so you`ll be just fine, dont worry

But with this new video card and Arma, will my game be maxed out with settings? Or will Arma need more out of my system to run at HIGH 9+KM View Distance + Textures.

Its like OFP, noone will run the game with high settings AND such a large viewdistance for another couple of years thumbs-up.gif

The minimum/recommended specs are well known, threads like this are completely worthless, you could have a 46GHZ PC with 8 trigabytes of ram and if it's filled with spyware and clogged up with crap you'll get rubbish performance. If you want to know how well the game will run for you download the demo when it's released, or buy the game and find out.