Sign in to follow this  
Fr1day

BlackHawk Shinaneggans

I'm trying to get a UH60s to collect one squad and fly over to the battlezone. Once the chopper passes over a certain area, the squad ejects, floats to the ground and then runs to it's next waypoint.

The chopper starts in the air, lands on a helipad using a LOAD waypoint and then a MOVE to the battleground. The squad, lead by Squad_leader, has a GET-IN waypoint on the UH60. Squad_leader is the player.

1. When Squad_Leader gets the UH60 without ordering his men to get in as well, the chopper takes off and leaves the others behind. Why is this?

2. When the chopper is travelling to the battleground, the player can see the marker of his next waypoint on the ground. But when the squad ejects from the UH60 using the eject script, this marker disappears, even if the marker is miles away from the eject point. Has this happened to anyone before?

1: Sync (F5) the Getin WP with the Load WP.

2: Not sure...

Why don't you open up the eject script with NotePad and figure out how it really works?

I got an eject script that would make the squad eject, but then the chopper would automatically land and all the people would run to it and board back in. In that case it just made the people straight out eject without unassigning them from the vehicle, so I added a line to it and it worked.

name your chopper "chopper1" you can group the platoon together like this name the officer of1 then in the next field type this

platoon1 =group this

then in all your soldiers first field type

platoon1 =group this; this moveincargo chopper1

i think thats it anyway its been a long time since i did a chopper mission.confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kipper lips @ Jan. 29 2002,07:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">name your chopper "chopper1" you can group the platoon together like this name the officer of1 then in the next field type this

platoon1 =group this

then in all your soldiers first field type

platoon1 =group this; this moveincargo chopper1

i think thats it anyway its been a long time since i did a chopper mission.confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How do you name a unit?

with the    

nameunit =group this

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Kipper Lips, I'll give your method a go as it is a bit of nuisance to order your men into choppers at the start of every mission and having them do it automatically would be ideal.

As for the eject script, I think I'll just get the chopper to land and make things less complicated. The mission should still be just as fun.

I've figured out what's up with the markers. It's because the distance an aircraft has to be from it's waypoint before it's counted as crossed is MUCH further than it is for a soldier. Any choppers only have to be around 500 meters from the waypoint before it's counted as crossed whereas a soldier needs to be less than a meter. So what was happening was that the chopper was crossing the waypoints the soldiers should've been crossing.

To fix this, I created a waypoint near the eject point and synchonized it with a west-detection trigger. As long as the blackhawk doesn't fly directly over it, it'll only change when the soldiers reach it.

There is a radius parameter in the waypoint parameters window. You can modify the radius of the chopper's waypoint to match the radius of the squad's waypoint. It would make things easier.

Whis'