Sign in to follow this  
SHWiiNG

Fighting Styles

ok, we have all this information regarding the AI in a broad and generalised sense. But they havent mentioned whether each sid has a particular fighting style. let me explain.

The whole story of ARMA sounds awefully like Vietnam. and as in Vietnam American troops are sent in without combat experience and knowledge of the enemies terrain.

This sounds very similar to ARMA. and so i was wondering whether the north Sarini? (enemy) Troops wil have a particular fighting style such as the Vietnamese Tactics (eg. Get as close as you can) and will we see them initially being really agressive, charging, with bayonets etc.

The friendly forces, will we see them being cautious, using old or unsuitable tactics (Americans in Vietnam) becoming more experienced with the ground later on and thus changing their own fighting style to more efficiantly combat the enemy.

This is thught has never been mentioned and i think is open to discussion and opinions. //end;

i dont think that could be reliably modelled other than the old AI skill scale thing they had in OFP. in vietnam i dont think the problem was undertrained troops, i think it had more to do with those little guys having more numbers and better hiding places than the americans, how you could model that ingame i dont know because it doesn't take long to become very familiar with an area in OFP thus negating the locals knowledge, but it would be funky if they could

lol i was merely saying it purely from an AI point of view.. where the AI are affected by terrain / conditions change.

eg..

<---------------------------------------------------->

beginning end

USA Ass kicked getting more victory!

high losses familiar

But of course this didnt happen in Nam, since the USA withdrew its forces after the body count was too high.

for those who've seen We were soldiers.. you see how at first the Americans (and French) tactics got them bogged down and flanked. whereas at the end of the film they charged like there was no tomorrow lol.. but surely during missions, its possible to set AI behavier based on terrain. . This would be an excellent feature. OR if the AI realises their supremicy in numbers, changing their tactics accordingly.. one can dream!

wasnt it mentioned somewhere that the north was using numbers to their advantage??? and the US fire power would eventually lead to victory?>??

Guys, im afraid You are expectig to much. Ill be happy if AI will be only a bit stupid. Ive never saw game with realy decent and ballanced AI nevertheless Devs always annouce that their AI is a breakthrough tounge2.gif

Yeah, i too thing it's a bit much. Nice idea tho.

Even if that feature were included, would you even notice it?

lol well you should notice the difference straight away, but yeh if its too advanced an idea for ARMA, whos to say we cant have such features on game 2 eh?