Sign in to follow this  
Kilo Zulu

I need a trigger to detect a player aircraft?

I've got a mission where players are supposed to take out some tanks.  I've left it pretty open-ended in how they go about doing it, but I want to ensure they experience a challenge.  My players, ever resourceful, have made the mission a cake-walk by stealing the enemy's helicopters and using them to complete the mission.

I don't want to litter the map with shilka's or AA units.  Besides, I watched a Hind take three direct hits from AA infantry and not even drop below 1/2 health.  What I thought would be more reasonable is if the enemy could call in air support, in the form of a couple jets.  How do I create a trigger that only reacts if the players are detected while flying one of the mission's aircraft?

BTW, there are only 6 aircraft in the mission - 3 MI24 and 3 MI17.  I've already given them the names mi24_1, mi24_2, etc.

I did see some code to only detect ground troops that went:

("LAND" counttype thislist) > 0

Is it something as simple as replacing the "LAND" with "AIR"? smile_o.gif

Thanks!

I think so, yes, although I can't remember if its "AIR". You'll find it buried in the comref somewhere.

Air Class Vehicles are listed as:

All

>All Vehicles

>>Air

>>>Helicopter

>>>>etc.

>>>Plane

>>>>etc.

Is that what I'm looking for?

Yes. http://www.ofpec.com/COMREF/vehicles.php

A 'west detected by east' trigger covering the area

condition: "Air" countType thislist > 0

onActivation: hint "West aircraft detected by east"; airsupport=true;

...should do the trick. You could synchronize this trigger with the jets' 1st waypoint or have ?airsupport in their 1st waypoint condition.