Sign in to follow this  
vulcan

chopper disembarking

I cant get the men to disembark from my helicopter.

I syncronize my load waypoint with the troops' move or get in with mine. Then at the last waypoint I use transport unload BUT the troops will disembark before we get to the waypoint.  Can someone make a list of waypoints that I need to use with chopper/truck missions?  thxx                                                :(

have you tried a simple unload wp?

make the chopper an unload wp and the units a get out wp both in the same place and sync them together.....

try that wink.gif

I synced the transport unload waypoint for the pilot(me) with a get out waypoint for the cargo wich was next to the transport unload waypoint. I dont know if you have to do it like that but it worked for me every time.

Where you start:

Pilot: get in

Cargo: get in

Where you want the cargo to get out:

Pilot: transport unload

Cargo: get out

If you have problem with the cargo people getting in as pilot, just create a move waypoint near the chopper and put this in theire init field: this assignascargo ChopperOne

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rob @ Jan. 28 2002,10:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">have you tried a simple unload wp?

make the chopper an unload wp and the units a get out wp both in the same place and sync them together.....

try that ;)<span id='postcolor'>

yeah, i just tried it. when I fly and land at the waypoint the group just stays in the back. If I use transport unload, they will get out right after they get in before we get to the waypoint.

if you want you could send it over and i would be able to fix it in 5 for ya. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vulcan @ Jan. 27 2002,04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then at the last waypoint I use transport unload BUT the troops will disembark before we get to the waypoint.  Can someone make a list of waypoints that I need to use with chopper/truck missions?<span id='postcolor'>

I am a total newbie, but I have found that the "Transport Unload" WP is used for the Chinook - for the Blackhawk you should only use a "Get Out" WP. No need to sync the WPs at the disembarking point, but at the loading point I believe it is.