Sign in to follow this  
Serclaes

Op. BS : Codename Shilka

I am proud to finally anounce the release of the prelude mission to Op. Baltic Shield called Codename Shilka. The project leader was Bloody Wolf supported by the Acid Viper Studios team.

You are taking control of the Long Range Recon Unit (Fernspäher) Lynx 2-1. Your task is to destroy 3 Mobile AAA, also known as "Schilka" to allow the invasion of the island by airborne troopers.

This sounds like an easy mission. The truth is that we thought about many, many things to make playing as realistic as possible. So it will be harder than you initially thought. This can also have a frustrating side as you may have done everything right but forgot a small detail which can cause your death or the fail of the mission, and so the invasion.

I hope you consider it as a challenge of your skills.

No honestly, if you master this mission you may consider youself as a real hero.

The radio voices are in german but with english or german subtitles. The briefing also comes in these two languages. I advise you to read it carefully.

The mission (Version 1.1)

The 5 downloads you'll have to make:

Bwmod BP 1.6

Bwmod Leopard 1 A5

Bwmod Wolf

Novajev island

Mapfact Callsigns 1.5 (newsposters please remember that Mapfact forbids external hosting)

Any feedback is very welcome smile_o.gif

Hi!

I've made up my mind and wanted to give it a try, but there must be something wrong with the mission file itself; I had installed all of the necessary addons using the links you provided, but each time when I was launching it, it demanded something like a "bw_waffen" addon which I couldn't find... banghead.gif Then the game sends me back to the GUI with the initial mission scene screened in the background - the Novajev island seems not to have its own exclusive outro animations. Thus the mission remains even more challenging than you advertised - the first challenge is to start it at all! mad_o.gif I wish it wouldn't be like that. S**t!!*

*shift - to another mission, less frustrating technically. Let me know when the things will have changed.

hmm Strange.

Ok i Check that.

When we tested it, it works

sorry when my English is terrible. I´m not the best in English

If it helps you, Bloody Wolf (and you burroughs, so you can stop bashing your head wink_o.gif ), I had exsactly the same problems with the mission as burroughs.

Have you tested it ONLY with the needed addons in the mod folder? This might help you -also in the future testing- to find such an errors/unnecessary addon requirements.

I know the problem.

OFP writes automatically when i edit the mission and save it,

the addon that called "bwmod_waffen" in the addonslist of the Mission.sqm

when i delete it, the mission can´t start. but the bad is, that i haven´t an Addon that called "bwmod_waffen"  crazy_o.gif

sorry for this problems. We haven´t often problems like this.

i hope it doesn´t annoyed you too much.

the next link will follow when the mission is fixed.

The mission (Version 1.1)

This should work now. I am very sorry for the inconvenience, this must have slipped through in the last testing sessions. sad_o.gif

Bloody Wolf also fixed some faults in the english briefing.

Thanks, guys yay.gif ...

Well, to be honest with you I was quite eager to give it a go anyway and angry because I couldn't and definitely not with you ... The fact is that these missions get submitted here so as to allow people to find out if there's anything wrong with them and let the makers correct it. I found the bug, you made up for it andwe all are happy now to have it. I'll play it tommorow ... Considering the mod folders: I've been playing OFP a few years now and I know the method pretty well, but I was launching it with the the FFUR 2005 mod along; I think that the BW mod brings along the German army in its modern shape and up to date - therefore I didn't like to play it against the Soviet era default BIS Russians. I am interested in the military nad the history a lot and I try to keep it real: I use real life tactics, I love addons and realistic missions - if it's not playable with any modern era mod, I don't think that I would be playing that sci fi scenario at all. whistle.gif Anyway, thanks and sorry if I sounded rough. I'll let you know if it works or not and what the result will be if it does. wink_o.gif

No you are completely right. You can expect a fully tested and working mission if you look in this subforum. But as i said it was just a little thing that slipped in during the last fixes and testings, andi'm sorry about it. crazy_o.gif

I hope you will enjoy it. The best moment comes at the end when you have it done. I was hanging myself often enough but i couldnt stop playing it.

It doesnt spend that much on tactics but more on the players thoughts. The "What happens if..." question.

And to say something about the standard BIS guys. I wanted to keep the mission as addon free as possible. Even if you dont really need the Wolf or the Leopard, i guess if somebody has the Bwmod, he will have those two addons too. I dont see the point either in downloading hundreds of addons just for a mission. smile_o.gif

Hi there again! biggrin_o.gif

Well, just like I said before I had an evening play yesterday with the mission and I must say that it's damn hard icon_rolleyes.gif

It works perfectly correct with the FFUR 2005 mod and I particularly like the onset. I hadn't advanced further than the vicinity of the second Shilka before I got frustrated and had to cut the gaming up ... I don't think that there is any reason to carry on playing in that fatal state e of mind. Therefore I think it would be much better idea to get back to it when I will have gotten back to the mood in which I will be able to appreciate your work and wits. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the mission. wink_o.gif

By the way, is the whole campaign in progress just ike you advertised in the readme file? ... huh.gif

Yes indeed i am working on the first 5 missions and planning to release them before ArmA. But dont worry, these are a bit easier. wink_o.gif

Maybe we'll release a small sequel to Codename Shilka. Just depends on how much spare time Wolf has.