Sign in to follow this  
Favonious

FFUR and Sockets

Hello

I have recently started playing OFP with a bunch of my buddies in the barracks. The original OFP is kinda crusty, and being in the Army Infantry we prefer FFUR 2006, so that's the mod we usually run. I used to play often, but being PCS'd to Germany we don't have a very good internet connection so we are forced to play LAN instead of online. We have encountered several problems, which means we have to leave one computer running the game to host, which is a pain. so here I go.

Problem One: When we host a dedicated server (clients running FFUR) and try to play a CTI the server crashes with the following error: Invalid aspect ratio 16x256.

Problem Two: There have been four of us playing with five computers connected. When we try to host a server using "Sockets" One of the four other computers can not see the host computer. That same computer needs to connect remotely by IP address to join any DirectPlay Server..

Any help is greatly appreciated!

post this in the FFUR thread, as this has nothing to do with vanilla OFP. also, the MP aspect isn't exactly functional at the moment, wait for the patch...

--a fellow with a blue cord as well