Sign in to follow this  
DarkOmen

How to start?

I played OFP around it's release in 2001 and absolutely loved it. I bought it thereafter and played it on and off throughout the years.

Unfortuantly I've never got involved with mods or the community, and sparsely multiplayer but I'd like to do that before the release of Armed Assault and the Next-Gen game.

To be honest I'd appreciate any help on which direction to head, what is cool, what isn't, etc. This is such a huge amount of dedication and content from a community i've ever seen it is overwhelming.

Thanks!  pistols.gif

Well, basically you just gotta decide what you want yourself. If you want to keep it quite much the way OFP is but "upgrade" it a bit, get FFUR. And then there's Y2K3 that replaces all units with modern ones, ECP which has some fine scripts (no new models though) and a lot of smaller mods of different themes. I personally don't like the big replacement mods so much, I like to pick the addons I want and then place them into my modfolders.

ofp.info is a good way to get started in your adventure through mods and addons.