Sign in to follow this  
Javito1986

Well I'm In A Great Mood...

So I've been playing Operation Flashpoint since I purchased it in September 2001. I've had so much fun with this game over the years. And then in July '03 when I discovered addons and user missions... hoo boy. Great times. Some of my favorite missions from over the years have been Airborne, Facile Ground, Short Straight, Pukalov Beach, Sieze Le Moule, Lojack 2... I think that my favorites of all time are Carelian Pie and Getting The Upper Hand for FDFMod.

So what am I rambling about? I'm just happy because after five years I've just developed my first mission using Lib '41. Now I don't think I plan on making it public just yet since I'm thinking about including it in a mini-campaign... but I've completed the mission in 4 days. I don't know how good it is but I know that -I- enjoy playing it and I've played many. So who knows. Doesn't matter, the point is I made it. It is done, my creativity has found an outlet. And now I'm in a good mood and I figured I'd share this little tale with fellow OFP fans. yay.gif

Congratulations smile_o.gif ..

I just learnt to texture addons in 4 hours few days back. biggrin_o.gif

Congratulations  smile_o.gif ..

I just learnt to texture addons in 4 hours few days back.  biggrin_o.gif

tounge2.gif Damn, and I'm just texturing my first addon (well, the first addon that I'm creating textures for myself that is).

FRBachzarit.jpg

until Arma is released it's not too late to create some addons. And I have too much time on my hands, since it's vacation, but the weather it shite wink_o.gif

Oohh frost that is awesome! Are you planning on releasing that vehicle??? That is exactly what I need for some missions. I started working on IDF missions with the theme of the current conflict which can be simulated in OFP perfectly. SF insertions by helicopter, and also insertions into Lebanon with armoured convoy's using Puma's and Merkava II and IV's but there was 1 vehicle missing. And you actually making one! thumbs-up.gif Fantastic work BTW it looks wel!

Many of those vehicles have 4 mg's ontop I know these wont be functional but are you making those weapons?

Oohh frost that is awesome! Are you planning on releasing that vehicle??? That is exactly what I need for some missions. I started working on IDF missions with the theme of the current conflict which can be simulated in OFP perfectly. SF insertions by helicopter, and also insertions into Lebanon with armoured convoy's using Puma's and Merkava II and IV's but there was 1 vehicle missing. And you actually making one!  thumbs-up.gif  Fantastic work BTW it looks wel!

Many of those vehicles have 4 mg's ontop I know these wont be functional but are you making those weapons?

bullseye  wink_o.gif There will indeed be four MG's on top, of which one will be in the remote weapon station, which will also be the only one which will actually fire. And yes, I do plan on releasing this vehicle. I hope to finish it in a few weeks, but I can't make any promises, since I still have to learn to do some textures and stuff.

I'm now in the proces of making my texturing my own roadwheels, since later Achzarit's had the old T55 wheels replaced with centurion roadwheels. Texturing wheels is a bitch, since the shadows ect in the texture has to be exactly the same for all 360 degrees or you'll get strange things when you start driving. And the interiour and LOD's still needs to be done. But after the first LOD the other LOD's are easier, since I always create a basic shape which is not too much poly's so I can use it in every LOD (copy paste).

I still need to ask permission though, sine I'm using the tracks of PSC's BTR-T (actually I used the BTR-T model as a base, especially for scale ect, but right now there's basicly nothing left of the original model except for the tracks).