Sign in to follow this  
olemissrebel

Arabia Tadco Farm

If there has already been a topic made about this amazing island, my apologies, but I have searched and found none. I was browsing OFPfiles.com and came across what appeared to be a mediocre map, claiming its made from SAT images. It's not very fancy, but it is the PERFECT island for any type of middle eastern mission, and the best part is, it requires no addons! There is a normal (silver) and a CTI (bronze) version of the island. It says there are 6 files of the island, but the link below is the normal version. Screenshots for this island are pretty much useless, it's pretty much the simplest, yet best Island ever made in my opinion! (Apart from the weird tree farms) It has a LOT of potential, and could easily be spruced up.

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/ARABIA_Tadco_Farm;64364

Yeh check my first post for the right link.

Ahhh I see now. Looks a bit weird though especially the roads confused_o.gif

I'll have to download it today when I get back home from work... looks good though... I wonder what's the size of that thing?

Its a pretty good map, especailly for 7MB. But I think a few addons could make it look so much better. Maybe AGS Port, Barracken, Mapfact Airport and some corn field addon to make it look a bit more farm-y in that area.

I can see from the map that the farm area does look like the satillite photo given, but on the ground it just looks like a tree farm with a great slab of tarmac in the middle. Some fields could really improve it. smile_o.gif

Does anyone know who it's by? In the readme, it says

ARABIA Tadco Farm

by ___

Personally I would never use that map. It looks nothing at all like any part of the Middle East I've ever seen other then having alot of sand. If the someone changed out the trees for palm trees and replaced alot of the buildings with some Middle Eastern buildings (from various Middle East building addon packs), then it could perhaps be a very good map.

But as it is, there are other much better alternatives to this map out there.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I'm in the process of adding the buidlngs from DMA libya, would you all rather see them white or the dirt colored ones?

i would like to do a mix myself but all i have tim eto do is replace whats there, so either white walls & buildings or not. I'm a full-time university student and airborne infantryman on the verge of deployment, so i simply haven't got the time