Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

waypoints

in my mission you convoy is ambused.

then you have to return to base, but instead of walking all the way back to the base if the car is destroyed i have put in extra cars at morphski. is there a way of skipping the morphsky waypoints if the original car is not destroyed or badly damaged that it cannot drive?

in the first waypoint of the backup car, in the conditionfield put allfine

In the initline of the original car put

[this] exec "car.sqs" and name the car car1

car.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#loop

? (!(canmove car1)):goto "backup"

~5

goto "loop"

#backup

allfine = true

exit

Think that should do the job

You can skip waypoints with a switch trigger. If trigger condition is met, the waypoint after the one that it's synchronized with gets activated. You can even go back to previous waypoints and make multiple possible paths with switches, like a convoy that randomly chooses it's route out of three paths for example.

thanks all give them a go.

i was thinking of something allong the lines of what SevenBEF put but i couldnt get it to work when i did it. thanks guys.

Swithes are the easiest way and Seven's suggestion couldn't possibly work. False wp condition just keeps the next waypoint from activating, it does not skip waypoints no matter what.

Dunno didn't try it Metalheart, but it's nice to read & learn what you wrote; I usually solve stuff like this by putting the vehicle's fuel to 0 & when certain condition is met to 1