Sign in to follow this  
terox

Tx_Utils (System & Utility Addon)

Im totally Crazy about the CoC NS and the TX_Utils extension!

Really great job... makes my life a lot more easy and more interesting smile_o.gif

I have the following problem though...

I want to use the XCam features of the TX_Utils.. but then together with the MapFact Respawn 3.0 ..

The mapfact respawn spawns a seagull and can launch the kegetys spectator script without problems, after the revival respawns are 0...

I edited the mapfacts respawn script call for Kegetys Spectating to Xcam, in the following way in MapfactRespawn.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">["SeaGull" createVehicle [getpos _N select 0,getpos _N select 1,10]] exec "\Tx_Utils\Xcam\TxU_XcamInit.sqs"

This way it works half ... I get a sidechat every few moments showing all the groups... weird

Also the CAM sometimes doesn't work at all and all I see is a ground close up smile_o.gif

When I exit XCam and it says its going into seagull mode... I can't move my seagulll smile_o.gif

Please help notworthy.gif

Im totally Crazy about the CoC NS and the TX_Utils extension!

Really great job... makes my life a lot more easy and more interesting smile_o.gif

I have the following problem though...

I want to use the XCam features of the TX_Utils.. but then together with the MapFact Respawn 3.0 ..

The mapfact respawn spawns a seagull and can launch the kegetys spectator script without problems, after the revival respawns are 0...

I edited the mapfacts respawn script call for Kegetys Spectating to Xcam, in the following way in MapfactRespawn.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">["SeaGull" createVehicle [getpos _N select 0,getpos _N select 1,10]] exec "\Tx_Utils\Xcam\TxU_XcamInit.sqs"

This way it works half ... I get a sidechat every few moments showing all the groups... weird

Also the CAM sometimes doesn't work at all and all I see is a ground close up smile_o.gif

When I exit XCam and it says its going into seagull mode... I can't move my seagulll smile_o.gif

Please help notworthy.gif

I'm very busy at the moment trying to get our communities new website built ready for arma.

I have had a quick look at it, but really havent the time to start debugging and testing to try and get it to work with mapfacts respawn system.

i see 2 ways forward to help you solve the problem

1) edit the mapfact scripts so that when your respawn count runs out, the player actually respawns as a seagull, in doing this the automated respawnasseagull.sqs will kick in and xcam should run fine

or

extract the xcam files from tx_utils and try to adapt them to run with mapfacts respawn..

I had problems trying to follow silolas xcam system, so there are a few "bodges", hacks that i implemented to get it to run as a spectator system, especially the 1st person only view

sorry i cant be of more help, development of tx_utils is temporarily on hold till i learn

php

css

joomla

and its a steep learning curve.

Glad you like what i've done so far though, thanks, its greatly appreciated

Thanks terox for your time, and np, I understand you got other things to do smile_o.gif

I think that option 1 is not possible, since the respawn of the game is set to "base", for the map fact respawn to work, so they also use a "hack" in a sense of speak to have the respawn system and spawn the seagull..  (I guess)..

...Or is there a command to exit the ofp respawn sequence by force? Even when the respawn is set to "base" ?

I tried to knit the code together, and most things are working... but the xcam prints out sidechats of enemy groups and the Keg spectator script also gets some problems smile_o.gif and the seagull is stuck.. can't control him.

Thanks for your insights and if something pops in.. please let me know smile_o.gif

bis runs certain scripts on death automatically, these scripts can be found in dta/scripts

by creating the exact same named scripts in your root mission folder, will overwrite the bis version.

i use this ability for tx_utils for the spectate on death start up sequence, it saves using killed event handlers etc.

i havent had time to look through the mapfact system to see exactly how they do things

all i can assume at this stage is that the seagull they create has different properties to the auto created death seagull

you could create your own respawn system, for a limited number of respawns, its fairly simple to do, (I've posted examples of this on OFPEC)

all you require is a killed event handler which increments a count and runs the "respawn script",

have the respawn site on an island away from the playing area

place the unit in a cutscene which would simulate the respawn delay

and then setpos him back to a "artificial respawn site" when you are ready for him to re enter the game

if the respawn limit has been achieved, then run the spectating dialog instead of the cutscene dialog and leave the guy on the safe island, remembering to remove himself from the spectate array

use a respawn delay of 0.01

Ok, making my own respawn while having mapfact respawn looked a little bit over kill, so I looked further... the final solution was as following:

I used the follow code in a file that is called by mapfact's respawn when the player runs out of respawns:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">titleCut ["","BLACK IN", 0]

_seagull = _this select 2

_seagull setpos[0,0,0]

_seagull setvelocity[0,0,0]

_seagull switchCamera "INTERNAL"

_seagull cameraEffect ["terminate","FRONT"]

_seagull camCommand "manual on"

Before this part of code:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">?(TxU_Referee):goto "REFEREE"

goto (format["%1",TxU_MySide])

#WEST

TxU_SpectatorObjects = SiX_DeathCamArray

[_seagull] exec "\Tx_Utils\DeathCam\Spectate.sqs"

exit

#EAST

exit

#GUER

exit

#CIV

exit

#REFEREE

[_seagull] exec "\Tx_Utils\Xcam\TxU_XcamInit.sqs"

exit

and it runs as a charm now, all functions seem to be proper :0

Thanks for the help, looking a bit further to the mapfact code .. it became suddenly clear smile_o.gif

thanks for this sickboy, when i next update the addon, i will add this snippet into the readme

thanks for this sickboy, when i next update the addon, i will add this snippet into the readme

np! If I find any other helpfull stuff, I'll know where to find yah smile_o.gif

Terox, hello there! biggrin_o.gif  any news of this project? is it died? confused_o.gif  

i have been using this addon for some time now, and i have a quastion: is there a way to put an empty truck or car (no metter what) in stasis?

and the second question is: i'm trying to put in stasis a group of soldiers, but ONLY when they are get in a truck. is it posible?

i made a trigger with following condition : {alive _x} count units grp == ""_x in car"" count units car"; (where car - ural, grp - name of group) and on activation:

[grp,{tx_a},true] call loadfile  "\Tx_Utils\CoC_AD\addgroup.sqf"

but it's not working, maybe someone can help me? it's not so important, i found a way to put a group in truck, but it's little bit difficult and takes too much time to do it every time whistle.gif

and i am looking futher for new versions of this great addon smile_o.gif

Terox, hello there! biggrin_o.gif any news of this project? is it died? confused_o.gif

i have been using this addon for some time now, and i have a quastion: is there a way to put an empty truck or car (no metter what) in stasis?

and the second question is: i'm trying to put in stasis a group of soldiers, but ONLY when they are get in a truck. is it posible?

i made a trigger with following condition : {alive _x} count units grp == ""_x in car"" count units car"; (where car - ural, grp - name of group) and on activation:

[grp,{tx_a},true] call loadfile "\Tx_Utils\CoC_AD\addgroup.sqf"

but it's not working, maybe someone can help me? it's not so important, i found a way to put a group in truck, but it's little bit difficult and takes too much time to do it every time whistle.gif

and i am looking futher for new versions of this great addon smile_o.gif

Firstly, thanks for using my addon, i have no idea how widely it is used

Due to rl commitments and the release of Arma, no further work will be done on this project for OFP

However

once the arma tools are available i would very much like to revamp this addon and develop it further, unless someone else creates a similar "mission maker support addon".

To re create an arma version will require some form of network services available (mainly for the cargo carrying system)as the standard bis comref somewhat restricts an mp compatible conversion to arma

Bn880 is the guy who created the AI on demand system , he just allowed me to implement it as an addon

he's the best guy to answer your group in car query

I've removed OFP from my system, so am not able to test any theoretical code for ya

However if this group are in cargo, they wont actually use up much in the way of resources because for all intents and purposes they will be in stasis anyway