Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

Cast Away Mod for ArmA

im reading Lord of the Flies now, i definitely suggest you (al simmons) check it out for some ideas (plus its a classic, plus its short).

basically what they do in the book is scavenge for fruit; you can let the player search for fruit when near a bush, add an animation, then randomly decide if they were able to find something and if so, how much. i already made that exact script for marcus3's mission, except with fishing.

a more challenging scripting issue would be having bushes have a set amount of fruit (and a set rate of regeneration), so that the player would eventually have to scavenge in different locations to find food.

in the book they also hunt for wild pigs by surrounding them and then throwing wooden sticks (spears) at them, beating them, and cutting their throats. that is a much more challenging scripting issue than the berries.

you could possibly turn this into an all-encompassing survival mod, with different mission-campaigns that recreate different situations we've read about or seen in movies. for example, there could be a Robinson Crusoe mission, a Cast Away mission, a Lord of the Flies mission, a Lost World (Jurassic Park) mission, a King Kong mission, etc. the possibilities are boundless.

Hmm is this only about surviving(build shed and collect food) or do you have to solve a mistery/kill pirats?

STGN

In the SP Missions you have to challenge nature and survive. They will not have a story but needs more survival skills than the Campaign.

The Campaign "Path of Robinson" will take you to an big adventure on Robinsons Island. It is influenced by Robinson Crusoe, the Beach, Cast Away and some Pirate movies.

The Campaign "Path of Robinson" will take you to an big adventure on Robinsons Island. It is influenced by Robinson Crusoe, the Beach, Cast Away and some Pirate movies.

Sounds great!

THX, iam working hard on the story to let it not get an 08/15 Campaign.

The new concept is nearly finished and i started with modelling the weapons. Also the campaignstory is nearly finished.

Iam still searching for a scripter. If you are interrested send me a PM.