Sign in to follow this  
kendell

tex view help

hey can anyone help me i cant seem to convert an jpg file to paa. tex view just seems to shut down can anyone help me

My texview can open up .jpgs. Make sure your texture size is a power of 2. Like 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024 2048

I just cant get anywhere with ofp textures in general.I try looking for simple expalnations of how to convert images to textures and just get a vague few lines.

I convert existing pac, and paa to tga and jpg, but if I do anything to them at all, neither Texview or Pantool accept them when I attempt to alter back to pac.

Ages ago it once worked, but I never pursued the matter then.

My texview will not open up any form of jpg image, nor tga.

With Pantool if I edit the slightest existing texture I receive this message " Floating point division by zero"

I managed to open random GIF images with Texview, but they dont seem to have anything in common, all with varying attributes.

What am I doing wrong ?

hmm, the only thing i can suggest is

make sure that when you convert from pac to tga and then you edit and save the tga, make sure you save as 32bit per pixel. your programme should ask you upon saving. also if you alter the cnvas size make sure its the right ratio. if it aint that i dunno m8.

Hi and thanks for the reply Beano.

I sorted it thanks to your help mate.

Its the 32bpp issue.I couldnt alter this factor and Photofiltre is 24bpp as default, so thus couldnt get anywhere with Paa, or Pac textures using TexView, or PAATool or PanTool.

I used Photoshop ( which looks pretty impressive ) and its all sorted.

Now I can get into some grizzly texturing shiet.

Many thanks for unsticking me.

Ahem,

Shazayme!