Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Armed Assault Physics

This video might be alittle old so don't take fast conclusions.

3 small videos [7 Mb]

How do you think Physics will be in Armed Assault?

What could be changed/improved from OFP to Armed Assault?

Example: would be nice if trucks, jeeps pass over a mine they blow like tanks, m113's, hmmvs do in old OFP..

PS - if you are permited.. please continue with new/better ideas.

I think the phsyics are WIP,but its rather nice to see the vehicle flips when it is thrown up in the air,not simply stays as it is when destroyed. Also nice to see the several locations for fire,I'm not expecting something fancy like say if a helicopter is flipped,whe its rotors hit the ground (depending on type) they become a bit smashed. Nor would I be expecting civilian cars hoods or bodys to become smashed when they are hit.

Your url for some reason isn't working,I get an incomplete rar file. However I have seen the video's before. In terms of solving the satchel issue..well its not really solvable,a humvee with a large amount of explosives would go flying a bit of ways,the only way to stop that would be for it to explode and by that I mean break apart,parts go everywhere and all that,but I don't think thats possible,maybe with community work it will be possible.

In terms of physics we mostly need to worry about movement in buildings and on vehicles which is taken care of,things will feel more "solid",It's somewhat hard to say..but I'm sure you know what I mean when I say most everything in OFP felt like paper.

I would be willing to bet that the demo that appeared at E3 was a month or two old,I doubt it was new really,somehow,judging by the timeline of things released in Armed Assault,it just doesn't add up.

How do you think Physics will be in Armed Assault?

What could be changed/improved from OFP to Armed Assault?

What the hell is the point of this thread? Speculation? You can't tell any facts anyway, so this is about as useful as discussing whether bees would benefit of hunting antilopes

Quote[/b] ]What the hell is the point of this thread?

I had to answer this. the graphics thread is = Latest screenshot available, but there is no Latest physics available thread yet wink_o.gif it´s mutch more important than graphics for most OFP fans...

the link does not seem to work at the moment, do you have a mirror? thanks