Sign in to follow this  

OFP - Operation: Reinstating Order

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>Operation: Reinstating Order</span>

orocopysmallersize27vw.jpg

It has arrived - Operation: Resinstating Order the BETA version is now released for public preview.

ORO is a new singple player campaign with over 21 playable missions and many more cutscenes. It contains many voice acted parts (some parts still not filled so is either left with text or has robot text to speech voices - Will be fixed for final release).

The campaign begins after the cold war crisis events of 1985 however your player Brian Sheplan thought threw the 1985 events whilst joining the army as he has no family and no place to live. He wasnt even aware of the events happening and was suprised when he was sent over to Everon to fight. Luckily he carried on living and within a few weeks you are going home.

What will happen next - Play to find out.

Details

Version - BETA 1.0

Addons required - General Barron's Editor Upgrade - Addons also included within the download.

Version of OFP - Built and tested using V1.96 GOTY.

There you go - of course the only thing now is the download link.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....F532891

OR HERE - RAPID SHARE LINK

FILE FRONT MIRROR (Thanks to Pilot, cheers)

Mirror @ ofpc.de - Thanks to ofpc.de

OFP.4players.de mirror - Thanks to OFP.4Players.de.

A mirror would be very much apreciated as this link will run out within 7days.

Report any errors or problems faced with any of the missions within this thread. And finally Enjoy.

orosig7qw.jpg

I had a sneak preview of this and must say I was impressed; lots of large engagements to let out some stress on and well implemented cutscenes with an enthralling storyline.

Keep up the work mate!

So this is having the penalties and rewards what you mentioned in the preview? Downloading now, sounds good.

Gr8 work mate!

Testing it soon

smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I'm going to check it out. Looks nice smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]So this is having the penalties and rewards what you mentioned in the preview

Indeed. Of course the final version will include much more detailed rewards so far its your seargeant saying great job etc.

The final version will include a suprise mission.

Thanks to all who plan on downloading.

Just played the first mission. VERY intensive indeed. Shooting down the choppers... pistols.gif Only there were too many russians in the second landing. Only 3 of our troops survived.

War is war. It's about killing the other side.

(The politics say other, but I'm sure it is)

nice work of cameras in the cut scenes , i like them , unfortunately the first mission is too heavy for my PC , too many units on the screen maybe , my fps drops dramatically confused_o.gif

Yeah sorry for the first mission its very lagy - ive started trying to reduce the lag.

It will be uploaded as V1.1 when i do aload of other things.

Quote[/b] ] BRAIN Sheplan

rofl.gif how have i not seen that, thanks i'll correct it.

BTW, in intro it says your name is BRAIN Sheplan.. crazy_o.gif

Hey!

Don't tease the smart guys!

wink_o.giftounge2.gif

So, what changes will there be in the next version (other then mentioned)?

Or is it all secret?

Regard

JW

smile_o.gif

Well next version, spelling mistakes fixed, lag highly reduced on the first two missions, slightly tweaked camera angles within the first few cutscenes, voice times slightly changed, got rid of "Error missing "intro.sqs"" and "outro.sqs" fixed within the two cutcenes it does that.

And lots more. More voices will be included, better timings etc etc.

But its still a while away will release V1.1 when i feel its ready and enough has been changed.

Well ive put a hell lot of time for V1.1

Now it contains more voices included - still looking for voice actors.

Spellings fixed

Lag issues almost fixed may still cause a small bit of lag on old systems like mine.

Timings in cutscenes and voices are fixed.

Many cutscenes tweaked.

Added extra rscTitles.

Story line slightly edited to help make more clear.

And much more.

Keep an eye out wont be too long now, still got a cutscene to finish off and some other things.

V1.1 of Operation : Reinstating Order - Mirror thanks to -{GOL}-

Much work is still required to be done. Im aware of a few bugs but dont really have time to mention them. I have fixed alot of stuff aswell as re worked many of the cutscenes. Some more sounds have been included but still requiring Voice Actors.

Download and Enjoy thankyou.

Cheers for this mate, it's a real nice campaign you made. I'm off to try the new version out now,hope you have'nt taken out the Franz Ferdinand music.