Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Realism, Teamwork and Enjoyment.

I personally think it is quite an interesting concept.The main disadvantage I see is that you can run these type of missions only for 1-5 times and then you have to come up with a new scenario.While the small-scale makes things more simple (Read: Stays away from running into gaming/OFP limitations while trying to simulate tactical warfare) it also vastly limits the possibilities a commander can have. And the problem is: I doubt you can get more than 40-50 players for bigger scale(Bigger than PlatoonvsSection) scenarios,which would offer that tidbit more possibilities to a commander.

P.S: Who was admining again? whistle.gif (Not that I second that the coop wasn't good,I think it was at the wrong time with the wrong amount of people tho. Note for us Zeusies: Get a tibit more organised before inviting people along huh.gifwink_o.gif )

I'm afraid my poor little pc couldn't handle all the work, and together with the lag and the fact I was unknown with the addons made my play a bit hard, but I had fun playing with that many people and in this manner anyway.

Guest Ti0n3r

The mission worked flawless for me. Very interesting stuff, though I thought it would be even more interesting if it was moved to a larger town.

THOUROUGHLY enjoyed it. captured some nice vid will try to cut/slash reduce and post later this week.

As I stated above, I don't see the harm in letting a few insurgents leave the village. If you're striving for realism then not allowing anyone to leave the village is a step in the wrong direction.

As for the removal of AI, the best way to do that would be to check if the positions are local to the server. If they are then do a deletevehicle on it. Players will not be local to the server, but the AI that takes them over after a disconnect will be. You could also do a blind deletevehicle as the server won't allow you to delete a player, but then you run into the situation of when to perform it.

Ok guys, thanks for feedback. I will modify this, set up another test at some point and then start producing other scenarios. I want to get a bug free system and eliminate any uneccessary causes of desync before I start looking at other scenarios.

As for the people who joined, thanks for coming guys and if the people at Zeus agree we might make this a more regular event. I personally would like to see a lot more dedicated players coming to zeus on our gaming nights.

@Strango -

I really did loosen up the limits on the reistance, allowing them to advance to contact, move to either flank or stay in the village. However they cannot run off into the mountains or simply run away ...leaving behind a trail of IEDs. Maybe I will change the win conditions .. if the USMC have people in the town and the res don't - US victory? Could work, could not.

Jinef, glad to see WGL 5 full released, so we can arrange battle soon (I think we need one week of time to download new version).

So maybe 1st July would be good as a date?

Well ... we have confirmed 4 people to play against you as it is .... tounge2.gif

I will kick a few arses.

Ok Shinbusan we have like 15 people most likely. Could you direct all post to our main thread - Zeus Gaming Nights.

As for people interested in this mission type, it is now one of the concepts being played on Zeus and all comments would be appreciated in our Zeus Gaming Nights thread. Thankyou.

Could an admin please lock this thread.

Is your www server working? Are we playing tonight? What mission, this one you described? What server? We can use ours if it is only WGL5 addons.