Sign in to follow this  
punishment

soviet strike supper apache

hi

while playing the classic ps1 game Soviet Strike it made me wonder if anything similar has been done.

Any hardened apaches been made that can take more hits than normal? Or missions revolving around an elite apache?

heh i remember playing deser,jungle,and urban strike back on the sega back in the day. Ah memorys

I dont think so, most mods/addons try to be as realistic as possible. But if you want some "armor Apache", you could modify one of the released ones.

Hehe, i remember playing that game, i wanted to get it again but i couldnt remember the name..  biggrin_o.gif

(desert strike actually.. huh.gif )

yeah man the strike games! Haha i actually once made amission on kolgujev that used the Dkm comanche and had you doing a couple of very different mission in true strike style biggrin_o.gif

and the best part was when i found a old crappy wave file with the desert strike intro song and added it to my mission start biggrin_o.gif

Used to have a version of AH-64A bearing a resembalance to the Nuclear Strike Apache, but tossed it when the entire package was upgraded last summer.

yeah a quick search on altavista came up with this

videogamesmusic site

sadly didn't find any of the other strike games on that site, but maybe a little bit more searching could come up with more?

Also come to think of it, itd be pretty easy for you to make your own chopper with harden armour values and possibly higher vaul consumptions (since i remember in at least on of the strikes you would have to go and refule now and again) by simply unpbo'ing an apache addon of your choice, changing the values in the config, and then pbo'ing it back up. Of course if you wanted to release the mission id advise on asking the addons makers permission to release the modified apache.

yeah the fuel was needed to resupply quite often i remember biggrin_o.gif

adn the special sound fx to of the winch ... ah i still remeber it.

Bit out of topic perhaps... but you old geezers should check this out!

I remember playing this til my fingers bled back in the day, but never getting past that damned POW camp! Now I DL'd it and got to the third level no problem, yay! yay.gif

Used to have Desert Strike on the Game Boy. Frustrating and entertaining at the same time.

That site is great! So many memories from my old sega mega drive..