Sign in to follow this  
Emerald Sage

War of the worlds idea

Hey guys. the other day just for a laugh i had warlord titans from the warhammer 40'000 mod battleing against a few western 1985 tank squads and as the battle was going on i was thinking back to the stephen Speilberg filim war of the words and it came to me that the alien war machines from there would make a sweet ass unit for the eastern block. That way then you could have the alien warmachines against modern day warmachines and weapons. Cept i dont think you could recreate the shields they have but its still a sweet ass idea i thought. What do you all think?

Its been discused before on these forums, alot of the problems would arise with the sheer size of the tripods and also the animation of the legs and other "limbs".

well the tripods arent that big

45 meters in height from wot ive heard in the footage

shields are managable

did that on my independance alien vessel

anims should be aswell

at least the legs but its tricky.

the beam tentacles would be prolly a part of a turret or so

you could use that HL2 strider ben made?

(nice "leet" post count neph tounge2.gif )

Sounds nice and would be a helllot of work. I wish u luck with that thing. Greeetz Al Simmons

Unfortunatly ive got no idea what so ever on how to make the thing as it was just an idea me and a friend discussed the other day and i thought id share. Hey to the guy that made the independance day alien fighter with shields can u send me a link to download it? the only one i got has got no cockpit u can view out of and no shields and id like to try ur out please