Sign in to follow this  
demonhunter212

PLA Mod Weapon Names

Okay, the PLA(Chinese)Mod has a ton of cool weapons... and I was wondering if any of you know the names for the weapons and their magazines. I tried reading the readme but i can't read Chinese whistle.gif

You can dpbo the addon file and find the config file. It should have all weapons names inside.

Put a unit on the map that has the weapons you want to use.

past this into his init field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hintC format["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons this, magazines this]

Use the names displayed in the dialog box.

Also, it would be nice of you to add the names you find to this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=16179

ColonelSanders' code sample didn't work (for me) when I tried entering it in a unit's init field. However, it worked beautifully when incorporated into a short script file named "getLoadout.sqs" called by a radio trigger with *[unitName] exec "getLoadout.sqs"* placed in the "on activation" field. "getLoadout.sqs" is simply: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit=_this select 0

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons this, magazines this] It's a really useful tool for identifying undocumented, addon weapon and magazine names in mods like ffur2005. Thanks, ColonelSanders.

This will work in unit's Init:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

hint format ["Weapons - %1 \n Magazines - %2", weapons this, magazines this]

Whoops, I guess ofp doesn't like hintC in an init field.

That's what I get for not testing code before I post I guess.

It would work if you did that on a radio command though I guess.

Put the following in the on activation field of a radio trigger.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons myUnitName, magazines myUnitName]

You could also put it in init.sqs after a delay as well.

Using plain hint works OK I guess, but hintC gives you time to sit there and write it down.

Quote[/b] ]ColonelSanders' code sample didn't work (for me) when I tried entering it in a unit's init field. However, it worked beautifully when incorporated into a short script file named "getLoadout.sqs" called by a radio trigger with *[unitName] exec "getLoadout.sqs"* placed in the "on activation" field. "getLoadout.sqs" is simply: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit=_this select 0

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons this, magazines this]

It's a really useful tool for identifying undocumented, addon weapon and magazine names in mods like ffur2005. Thanks, ColonelSanders.

Shouldn't that be like this?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_unit=_this select 0

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons _unit, magazines _unit]

ColonelSandersLite wrote:

Quote[/b] ]Shouldn't that be like this?

Code Sample  

_unit=_this select 0

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons _unit, magazines _unit]

Yes, it should have been. Mea culpa. Instead of looking at my actual script, I simply copied the code sample from your post into my earlier reply. That's what I get for being lazy.

BTW, two advantages of using the script with radio triggers, are: (1) as you noted, "hintC" give you the opportunity to write the info down; and (2) with 10 radio triggers (Alpha -Juliet), you can extract the info from 10 different units during a single map preview -- a timesaver if a mod incorporates a lot of addons

Quote[/b] ]Shouldn't that be like this?

Code Sample

_unit=_this select 0

Yes, it should have been. Mea culpa. Instead of looking at my actual script, I simply copied the code sample from your post into my earlier reply. That's what I get for being lazy.

BTW, two advantages of using the script with radio triggers, are: (1) as you noted, "hintC" give you the opportunity to write the info down; and (2) with 10 radio triggers (Alpha -Juliet), you can extract the info from 10 different units during a single map preview -- a timesaver if a mod incorporates a lot of addons

I think in the case of quite a few units, I would:

Put all the units down on the map.

Name them like A, B, C, D, E, etc.

Put the following in init.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons A, magazines A]

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons B, magazines B]

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons C, magazines C]

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons D, magazines D]

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons E, magazines E]

Quote[/b] ]I think in the case of quite a few units, I would:

Put all the units down on the map.

Name them like A, B, C, D, E, etc.

Put the following in init.sqs:

Code Sample  

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons A, magazines A]

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons B, magazines B]

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons C, magazines C]

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons D, magazines D]

~2

hintC format ["Weapons: ""%1"", Magazines: ""%2""", weapons E, magazines E]

Makes sense. I'm new to scripting and haven't yet delved into the mysteries of init.sqs. Thanks for the suggestion.

There's not much you really need to know about init.sqs.

It's basically a script that will always execute on mission start.

Do everything that won't work in an init line after a small delay in the scipt. You only need one.

The only reason there's multiple delays in the little snippet I posted is hintC doesn't work right without a small delay between them. I think so anyways. If I'm wrong about that, you could always take them out.