Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Adding Init lines to configs?

Okay, basically what it says on the tin. Where in a config would I add init line(s) to make the DKMM Windmills from 3WX Objects pack rotate?

I know the init line is

(objects _x) exec "\F3wx_o1\windmill.sqs"

but I havn't a clue how to implement it.

Thanks,

Daniel

Put this in the class of the windmill:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init = "_this select 0 exec ""\F3wx_o1\windmill.sqs"""

};

Thanks, but I can't seem to get it to work. Could you be more specific about where it goes in the config?

I thought this was a good example, from Kegetys fwatch.pbo -

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class Logic : All {};

class KEG_fwatch_logic : Logic

{

displayName = "Fwatch Check Logic";

class EventHandlers

{

init = "_this exec {\fwatch\init.sqs}";

};

};

};

Just to double check, I want to edit the config of the actual island. tounge2.gif I dunno, maybe you guys are trying to help me and I ain't getting it. whistle.gif

Basically, I want to know exactly where and what to add to the config.cpp of my island so that all the windmills spin round. In plain, obvious, fool/n00b-proof english.

Quote[/b] ]Basically, I want to know exactly where and what to add to the config.cpp of my island so that all the windmills spin round. In plain, obvious, fool/n00b-proof english.

Hmm..What you want to do is not exactly Noob level editing, so Noob proof might be asking to much smile_o.gif I do have an addon for the Farmland MOD Windmills, that allows you to add thier animated Windmills straight onto a map using a WRP editor.

FML_WindMills.zip

Generaly speaking the building configs are stored in seperate pbo's. At least thats how BIS do it. If you can get your (map based) animated Windmills working as a seperate PBO. Then it should just be a case of merging the two configs. But I would get the Windmills working straight from the map, before trying to merge the configs.

I'm probably wrong, but I didn't think it needed to be as complicated as that. huh.gif

Here's an out take from the f3wx readme files.

Quote[/b] ]DKM mod's windmill, use this init script for WRP objects:

(objects _x) exec "\F3wx_o1\windmill.sqs"

Doesn't that just go in the config somewhere, in a similar way you add town names etc?

Quote[/b] ]DKM mod's windmill, use this init script for WRP objects

No, objects placed on the map with a WRP editor do not call thier init events. It works ok if you place them using the mission editor though.

So map makers just document the scripts needed to animate stuff. Others provide gamme logics to start the anims, for the mission makers. But they all have to be done in the mission editor, I'm sure Armed Assault will change all that.

Okay, thanks a lot for clearing that up. That isn't too bad, at least I can make a template mission for users. smile_o.gif

Gonna do some experimenting....