Sign in to follow this  
pazuzu

dostop and domove

I'm using dostop command for enemy units because I have them spread though out a town and I want them to stay and not regroup as soon as the mission starts. But at some point in the mission I'de like them to move again. I have waypoints for the groups synced to triggers so when they detect west they will engage at will and so forth. The problem I have is that they continue to stay inactive and tend to hide. It seems like the dostop command is not changed by the new waypoint.

This is the Command I'm using in the inits of enemy units: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{doStop _x} forEach units group this

How can I use the domove command in a trigger to make the enemy move again?

Thank you.

Play with "unit lockWp true/false" to stop groups avancing to next wps or allow them to continue. Use also "unit doFollow leader" to make a unit return to formation after doStop, you may also use "unit doMove getPos unit" after a doStop to get this unit ready again.

Thank you Mandoble.

Quote[/b] ]Use also "unit doFollow leader" to make a unit return to formation after doStop

This sounds like what I need. Do I have to use this command on every unit or is there a way to command entire group back to formation? I mean should I just name every unit and use this command in a trigger?

I'll test it and see how it works...thanks again.

Or use stop instead of dostop.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_x stop true} foreach group this

This will stop them and if you replace true by false you'll get them to normal.

Thank you,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{_x stop true} foreach group this

So I can use this in a trigger?

Don't I need a group name for it?

I read in another post that using "stop" will make the units pretty useless. They don't fire their weapons.

Is this true?

I'm afraid it's true, but also it's sure solution. But better for cutscenes then battlefield.

Try giving them a doMove command for their position. Usually the AI leader will then call them back.

My scripting is still a little rusty, but give this a shot.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

{dostop _x} foreach unit in list _this

*Check if unit should be units

That should make the group leader(s) that activated the trigger to order its squad to halt.

you can also use the move command which would create a waypoint for the group. It seems like that might be one of your best options. Why don't you just whip up a little script that has the units move to the trigger then upon the activation of a variable via the trigger, use the move command to send to units somewhere else.

I apologize that I am not 100% certain about my code lines, but they will send you off in a good direction.