Sign in to follow this  

Kolgujev Conflict

Can't you jsut use Image Shack or something similar?

Daniel @ May 06 2006,21:33)]Can't you jsut use Image Shack or something similar?

just did a check out on the image shack, neat. Ive never even taken a screen shot in ofp, so ill have to experiment a little, see if I can get this up this afternoon.

Thanks [CAS] Daniel, maybe this will work.

Very nice, just got my first .bmp image of editor map using fraps, was much easier than I thought, see if I cant get a few screens up in a few, got some house work to do right now.. biggrin_o.gif

flashpointresistance2006050616.jpg

this is one of the larger bases (aside from merchant towns)

editor map of island

flashpointresistance2006050619.jpg

View of entrance to large enemy base at night

flashpointresistance2006050618.jpg

A differerent enemy base at night, Coc's arty barraging freindly town, the 'fire' text is just there for test purposes

Enemy clan units engaging freindly clan that is attacking their base

Rear area of a large enemy base

Interior of smaller freindly base

flashpointresistance2006050619.jpg

Freindly clan units moving out of their base to engage enemy clan they are battling with

flashpointresistance2006050621.jpg

Overhead view of same freindly base

Another overhead view of same base

Might notice some odd text showing here and there, aside from chat showing that indicates 'ErudinFm950' its all for testing stuff.

Also had some difficulty showing larger bases here, as I cant really get whole thing in a picture, so the smaller base there I was able to capture most of.

Sorry to post another response here instead of adding to the last post with pictures, that took forever to setup and im afraid to touch it and mess it up lol.

Again that overhead view of the small base was about the best I could do for getting in most of a base, but anyhow, most of the bases have a good number of added buildings, military and not, aside from little stuff, and perimeter structures (walls, fences) have been added, some bases that had pre - existing walls I added fences around where units patrol in the area between the two. Alot of the towns initially start with a tank in their clan owners posession, and those tanks will take part in clan battles.

I kinda rushed some of those photos, heres a few more. These photos are all of one enemy base, I moved around and took shots of different areas. I also took a shot of the helo type that will be used for reinforcement transport, which will taxi units from the merchant town it is shown in to other town locals. The merchant town is still incomplete as there arent any substantial units placed in there yet.

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282....711.jpg

rear area of base, tankers are resistance so they appear as the resistance units here

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282....712.jpg

Another angle of same area showing a radio building and small quarters building

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282....713.jpg

Good ol Coc's arty here, front area of base

http://img420.imageshack.us/img420....711.jpg

A view from inside one of the two interior gaurd watch houses facing towards a main entrance

http://img282.imageshack.us/img282....714.jpg

Overhead view of base from nearby hill

http://img420.imageshack.us/img420....712.jpg

Inside merchant town at rear area, this is the reinforcement transport helo that will be used (merchant town still incomplete as most units have not yet been placed)

And thats it for the screens. Wanted to do a bunch of one base to get a feel for whats included in most bases.

Any comments on the screenies?

P.s. thanks to Image Shack for the use of their site to host these images

Do not hotlink images greater than 100kb - Placebo

Thanks Scotchsoldier, I appreciat the feedback, help to know if people like what they see or not  wink_o.gif

Took hours of work to get all of those up, especially last night when I found out I had to lower photo file sizes, and then had to learn how to use my new Corel Photo as I am used to in the past using paint shop pro..

And of course keeping in mind that these are just mostly 'still' photos, actual events that occurr (towns battling, reinforcement deployment, vehicles moving about) will be happening that will make up alot of the mission, these photos just show what the enviornment looks like.

Also id imagine after an hour some towns will look pretty beat up lol, between arty barrages and town battles(especially when an arty round finds an in-town fuel station lol).

As far as gameplay speed goes, its all still smooth, although it seems the first 30 secs or so there is a very minor amount of lag as I suppose all the information and whatnot for the mission is being loaded. Primarily there will be only one town battle occurring at a time, which really means aside from some vehicles moving about and town patrols there is only one major battle at a time, and when the fighting starts from the town battle that executes right now there is no noticable difference in gameplay, pretty neat.

I did try to keep a balance on how many objects I placed, not to go overboard, and most building placed you can walk inside of.

And bases are not normally 'steriotypical', most of them are quite different from each other, some being poor mans bases with falling apart fences and weak strength, others are well built with guard towers, patrols and even some with outer perimeter fences with also walls.

As far as town battles go, there will be both 'battles' and 'attacks', meaning some town battles will occurr where clan forces will meet eachother half way out in the sticks, and attacks obviously will be one clan assaulting anothers town. If either towns involved in a 'fued' have artillery, they will normally begin barraging eachother before the battle itself begins.

Sorry to blab so much, lol, been working very hard at the mission since I came up with this, and Im easing back a bit to a more 'normal' pace right now, so its a nice opportunity to look back at whats been accomplished and chat a little about it.

Oh ya, ever try to build a good looking wall or fence in the editor? Wow, took alot of very finicky work for every type and alot copy and pasting lol.

Editt/ Fyi - I did just notice that many of the units shown in the last set of photos are in combat/aware mode, they will be initially in safe mode (safety weapons), just havent gotten around to putting in their waypoints yet.

This sounds like a really interesting mission. Looking forward to it.  wink_o.gif

Thank you NorthenNat.

Just a litle update here, Kinda changed focus and have been getting into some interactual stuff with ai units in particular towns (not going to spoil mission stuff anymore, as best I can lol) - have gone thru hundreds of voice sound files and already have an interatcual scenario setup, and going to do some more, it can be very time consuming doing this sort of stuff, buts kinda fun from time to time. Interactual stuff wont just be limited to having meaningless conversations, but some will lead to actual events that can occurr that the player can particiapate in(and more), but first off I want to get thru the rest of my voice files before getting into that some...'

Of course I have to remind myself as ideas come in the time it will take to do this stuff, but the more 'personalized' the mission is, the more immersive it becomes, and I had thought doing this interactual stuff with ai units would be an annoying complex job, buts its not that bad and you can boot up the mission and see some pretty neat stuff emerge thru it.

Thats all for now, no screenees for now as anything more that I can think of might really wreck some neat experiences ive been spending time on..

As always, thanks all for the support

edit// guess I screwed up on hotlink image size or something and they have been removed from this topic, oh well, not going to go back and resize those images....

Sounds like you have exceeded your own expectations. Well Done thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for your continuing support Scotchsoldier, kind of you to say, in this application of interactual stuff yes, it would be exceeding original expectations, but in other aspects it wont, lol, simply put, like using helos for reinforcement deployment instead of vehicles, convoys that go from town to town trading stuff may be very limited due to issues with that, and will prolly make up for it by sending lone vehicles out here and there.

But if wasnt for CrashDomes Dynamic Dialog program there wouldnt be much conversing going on, much credit is due him for being able to do this in a reasonably simple way.

That Dynamic Dialog program is really neat, I mean you can simply copy and paste his format style for the dialog input from his example mission, change the text and names, heck, add in a few simple actions after text for each dialog text selection, and then copy and paste more dialog selections if you wanted, and with wave to lip used during speeches its like instant majic seeing it work out so well, it took a little time to get used to but Id certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to allow player to ai conversations, its worth learning how to use.

hey m8 !

Sound intresting, really !

but there probebly will be a lot of units etc. {btw, the "intaracting with the envorment" - genius !}

so your probably will need a very good comp . .

or

are you using spawn scripts etc to prevent lag issues ?

edit

just saw the pics - WOW !

in the couple of first pics all the units are just standing {not in safe mod}. your gonna put them in safe mod right ? smile_o.gif

the picture with the hilo : it an american UH-1. shouldnt you use russian aircraft ? {its a suggestion because the pics are saw all the units are kind of "eastern block" stuff {tanks, weapons} or there will be also american units avalible ?

Thanks for response mp_phonix

wink_o.gif

There are not spawn scipts, the main reason being that unlike a mission like CTI the main forces of each town have VERY extensive waypoint systems, some that travel across much of the island, to imagine doing this thru script and marker use would basically mean I wouldnt bother trying to make the mission, so, yes, those with lower end comps may sxperience lag, especially during the first x amount of minutes at start. Im sorry, I cant help that. The good news, although Im not using spawn scripts, normally main actions that involve factions battling will only occur one at a time, meaning I have been trying to keep things managed so not too much is happening at once. Also the main town battle script that runs the whole thing only executes once in a great while, and although there is one other check that updates the town forces, it only executes every 60 seconds.

That helo was positioned in the freindly merchant town, which there are two of(other merchant town is enemy), all freindly towns have west units in them (hence all freindly factions are west).

Most of the other town shots are of enemy held towns, which show the t72's, some have other types, some have none.

Most units will initially be in safe mode at mission start (aside from a few tower gaurds) - most units in pics that are not in safe mode are part of that particular clans 'attacking' force, of which most of them do not yet have set waypoints, which will be a task when the time comes because the waypoints sometimes extend thru up to like 5 towns.

This is a ficticious setting, where basically after a huge war that nearly canceled out both sides remaining units were spread out alover the island, and hence freindly and enemy factions began to form, the enemy factions being stronger overall. So, basically what you see in the mission is all leftovers from the great battle, salvaged stuff, alot of older equiptment that wasnt used much is all the sudden very powerfull now that having a bicycle without 2 flat tires is alot, hence youll be lucky to see an M1 or a T80, and sometimes freindly clans will have russian equiptment, and sometimes vice versa, but usually not. So the concept is to keep things kinda like post massive war, keeping things a little 'grungy' I guess, where towns have been rebuilt, new alliances formed, but as time goes on war between clans (factions) begin to erupt, the island becomes very unstable again. I havent really clearly defined the story yet, but I know the look and feel that I want, and its pretty much there and done, basically a setting that can provide alot of adventure in a realistic way within a ficticous setting...

There is very limited air in the mission, its only helos at that, and I wanted to find something less high tech than the blackhawk to fit the style of mission more, naturally a huey is a great poor mans combat helo, unfortunately the best model I could find that didnt look 'nam' ish' was this one, that does have marines lightly painted on it, but the color is more universal than the csj olive green nam birds (and csj nam birds intermittenly crash FFUR mod).

yes, those with lower end comps may sxperience lag, especially during the first x amount of minutes at start. Im sorry, I cant help that.

no prob man i was just asking smile_o.gif

just make sure that the mission will be played in the new ffur patch because a lot of bugs are going to be fixed smile_o.gif

Cant you tell me about how many soldier will be ? {cuz i remmember in "Abandomd Armies" each side or the whole map had about 400 units . ..

Not criticizing, just asking m8 smile_o.gif

You could use static animation addon packs to make more "realistic" enviorment, like the photo I took right here:

soldier taking a rest

the image is a bit crappy because i have low spec computer.

{in the pic the soldier is "leaning" on the ural's wheel like he is resting}

keep up the good work   notworthy.gif

Cant really say exactly on how many, but more groups are composed of one or two ai units than groups that are composed of max units, so it may be around 250 - 300. Also alot of these units are stationary (safe) until they participate in a war, there are some patrols per town, but I didnt go overboard. The exception to this is the merchant towns, lots goin on in the freindly one for sure.

Thanks for the tip on the anims pack, had forgotten I wanted to find one or two of those for additional anim selections.

So you will only be able to play this mission with ffur 2006?

Absolutely not!

You can play the mission with no mods at all, only requirements will be the addons used in the mission.

FFUR mod will only be recommended, because of the graphical enhancements primarily, also Nordic island will be recommended for enhanced graphics on nature objects, but neither of these are required at all.

And an interesting note there, as I have been testing using FFUR mod with nordic island, lower end users can opt to not use the mod nor the nordic nature pack, and may very well eliminate alot or all lag they may have previously experienced with these mods.

My comp can handle ffur but I was just wondering in case of lag with the scripts and amount of units running around but I can play abondoned armies with ecp at no lag.

@mp_phonix

Cant get the download link for static animations from ofp.info to work, all other addons I can get from there but that one in particular brings up cannot find webpage sad_o.gif

Tried msn search and cant find it anywhere else lol, my bad luck..

Hi..ähm....you need static anims? smile_o.gif

Try this link: Hunter_static_anims

or

this link: fpgstaticanimspackV1

Hunter static anims are better for Screens and little cuts, (short time statics) and fpganimspack are for Screens, Cutscenes and movies. (ever static) wink_o.gif

I hope it helps you.

Greetings from Ofp.4players.de

Imutep

Thanks Imutep

Correct, they would mostly be for additional animations for cutscenes/dialog sessions, but the everlasting ones are nice to have too.

Got some stuff to do, I did download those, Ill check em out later.

Thanks again, muchly appreciated thumbs-up.gif

No problem Special Ed smile_o.gif

I've got one more static anims, called Medvezh_studio_anims.

It includet those moves:

Kozak

LegHang

BrestWound

StuckOn

DeadOnSide

DeadOnBrest

BackHit

Crucified

Hanged

Sleep

Captive

SitCaptive

Meteor

here is the link: Medvezh_studio_anims

I use this three anims for my Afghan Campaign (german KSK in afghanistan), perhaps you can need it. But some moves in this Pack are realy hard. whistle.gif

Good luck with your mission (sounds interesting) and let me know when you have news about your work. So i can bring it on our site for news

Greetings, Imutep

from Ofp.4players.de