Sign in to follow this  
firedude_edd

I have been playing OpFlash Gold for quite a long time, although I need help on the fact that sometimes I get loadsa points or 0 points after missions. Sometimes I kill many guys(maybe 5-10) and I still get 0. Do you have to stay in formation(the yellow box) to get points?

iirc theres many things that affect the points then just killing lots of guys. If you kill your own guys you get points taken away.

If you fail an objective you lose points if you complete an objective you get points added.

I think also the amount of time it took you to complete the mission also affects your points.

Just cause you killed a load of guys doesnt mean you will get loads of points cause you could of killed half of your own team failed all your objectives which would take points away.

So on, so on you get the idea.

Someone else maybe able to give you a complete list on what affects points.

Point generally depend on the mission maker. There is a setRating or addRating command, not sure exactly what it is.

So anything other than kills has to be defined by the mission designer.

Rating is what makes your guys turn on you if you kill too many friendly's.

Omg. I never kill friendlys. OK, sometimes I don't get kills at all, but I still complete the mission and get 0 score. ANyways its a minor problem.

Searching AvonLadys excellent FAQ for score

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

give:

Quote[/b] ]How does OFP calculate mission scores?

This is a much discussed topic and I have not seen anything definitive on this to date.

Player Wouter van Gulik has compiled the following information on the subject. Anyone with additional information or corrections is invited to contact yours truly. Just make sure you've got all the details on how you've arrived at your conclusions:

* 200 points for killing an enemy regular soldier (no matter what kind of soldier, rocket, MG, crew, etc.).

* 1000 points for killing an enemy officer or spec-ops.

* 200 points for destroying a BMP, Shilka, MI-17, UAZ, etc.

* 1000 points (not sure about this) for destroying a T80.

* Killing your own teammate will get you negative points. Don't know exactly how much.

* -40 points if a soldier under your command is killed.

You will get points for achieving your mission goals, which will vary from mission to mission of course.

Note that sometimes enemy units die but you don't get any points. Try shooting a group of 3 soldiers with a law/RPG. Sometimes you'll just get 400 points, sometimes 200, sometimes 600.

but there are other topics in this forum that repeat this.

Edit - Thanks AvonLady!