Sign in to follow this  
hoam

How to select weapons at start of mission?

Hi, I've got a few user created missions, but I'm not sure how to outfit myself and troops with weapons other than the default ones at the start of the missions eg outfitting myself with a minigun that i downloaded off ofp.info instead of the usual m16. Appreciate any help

Well, in mission editor, you type in the init field

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this

then we want to give him the weapon

(replace weaponname with the weapon's classname)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addweapon "weaponname"

and for magazines

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addmagazine "magazinename"

You should be able to find the classnames in the readme.

Now, if the minigun you're referring to is OS_Minigun (M134 v1.1), this is how the soldier's init line looks like, if I equip a basic soldier with the minigun and 5 mags instead of i.e. M16.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "OS_minigun"; this addmagazine "OS_minigun"; this addmagazine "OS_minigun"; this addmagazine "OS_minigun"; this addmagazine "OS_minigun"; this addweapon "OS_minigun"

Now... if you want to have the equipment available at the mission briefing (weapons pool; like in a campaign or single missions), well, I can't quite help you... use the search option or wait for someone wiser to step in...

You might also want to take a look at Avon Lady's OFP FAQ.

in the mission editor, put in the unit's INIT line

this addmagazine "magname"; this addweapon "weaponname"; this addmagazine "magname"; this addmagazine "magname"; this addmagazine "magname"; this addmagazine "magname";

check out peoples editor guides etc

bootneckofficer