Sign in to follow this  
hoam

Where's the radio command for Follow Me?

Uh yeah....*points at title* biggrin_o.gif

1 -1 Return to Formation

if you want them to be right behind you put them into a column formation.

Forgive me If I have the wrong end of the stick here but here goes.

Elablorate. Do you want the AI to follow the player? In which case it's

F number-1-1

Example: F2-1-1

If you want to do it scripted, ie you're making a mission, then it's a bit more complex but not hard.

Ok you'll want a script file that you can butcher. You can find one in just about any UnPBO'd mission. It's the file that ends .SQS. I can't be arsed to tell you how to create a .SQS file.

The Demo Mission

Ok. Now open Flashpoint and open Desert Island. Stick three guys on the map. Make sure none of them are grouped. Call one,

me1

the others,

him1

him2

Ok, now make sure that me1 is the player.

Go into me1 and type this in the init line,

MyGrp = Group This

Click ok. Now save it.

Go into your .SQS file you stole from someone's mission. Change the name of it to,

Join

Delete whatever is in there and write,

;Wait 5 Seconds.

~5

;Get units to join my group.

[Him1,Him2] Join MyGrp

;Exit the script.

Exit

Now save it and put the complete file in the mission folder you made by saving your mission.

It'll be somewhere like,

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Users\hoam\missions\WhatIJustSaved

Now go back into Flashpoint and load your mission. Save it.

Now create a trigger.

West

Radio Alpha

On Activation: [] exec "Join.sqs"

Click ok.

Save the mission.

Preview and then call Radio Alpha.

That's a bit complicated for a join-line, isn't it? It could all be done in a trigger.

You might want to look at the command DoFollow, or something like that.

That's a bit complicated for a join-line, isn't it? It could all be done in a trigger.

You might want to look at the command DoFollow, or something like that.

DoFollow only works with units in the same group.

The-Architect, you know you can make .sqs files without stealing them... icon_rolleyes.gif

The-Architect, you know you can make .sqs files without stealing them...  icon_rolleyes.gif

If I would you mate, I'll sue his ass!

Yeah but it's easier if you just lift one already set up and edit it. Saves a little time 'cos you don't have to save-as and all that. Normally I copy a .SQS file from the folder I'm working in, then I paste it in the same folder so it becomes, CopyOfSqs.SQS then I just change what's in it and the name of course.

Anyway.

The reason I got him to script it is because that way if he wants to build on his join command everything is in place. Us advanced people will rarely simply join units to a squad. We'll have radio messages, dialogue, cutscenes etc. You know how it is.

Yeah but it's easier if you just lift one already set up and edit it. Saves a little time 'cos you don't have to save-as and all that. Normally I copy a .SQS file from the folder I'm working in, then I paste it in the same folder so it becomes, CopyOfSqs.SQS then I just change what's in it and the name of course.

Anyway.

The reason I got him to script it is because that way if he wants to build on his join command everything is in place. Us advanced people will rarely simply join units to a squad. We'll have radio messages, dialogue, cutscenes etc. You know how it is.

CHOFPSE?  whistle.gif

Right Click -> New -> OFP Script File

And I also don't see the need for a script here, the join command works perfectly on it's own.

Yes it does but like I said, eventually you're going to want to do more than just join a group.

That's why we have semicolons... icon_rolleyes.gif

If he needs to use the join command in a script, he should add it to his existing script, not the other way around...