Sign in to follow this  
762WorldOrder

Blackhawk Down - Delta Force Choppers

Just wondering if anyone knows what the small black helicopters are in Blackhawk Down (the ones that ferry the Delta Force guys in and drop them on the rooftops)?  They have these really cool side harnesses that the troops can latch onto and ride off the side of the chopper.   They are also armed with miniguns and carry out air-support by strafing the enemy troop positions.  They have the distinctive bubble-cockpit shape of older Sikorsky models. I believe they are Sikorsky models of some type, but I could be wrong.  

This would be PERFECT for quick insertion of troops in an enemy area.  Someone made a modified verison of the OH-58 that has a minigun, but that's the closest thing I've seen to it.  I'd love to create a coop mission where you're ferried in to take an position and the choppers give you air support.  

Assuming the ability to import new models becomes a reality at some point, wouldn't it be pretty easy to make one of those choppers with full functionality?   I don't see anything in the OFP engine that wouldnt' allow it, although the troops riding off the sides obviously wouldn't be able to fire while in flight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ Jan. 21 2002,20:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm I thought ah-6 was a "little bird"<span id='postcolor'>

AH=Attack Helicopter

OH=Observation/Scout Helicopter

These are only variants of basically the same type of Helicopter, the AH-6C / AH-6J (armed variant) and MH-6J (Transport variant) are referred to as "LittleBirds" according to FAS, the old unmodified OH-6 is designated "Cayuse".

All variations of the Cobra basically wink.gif

And I had that idea for that mission months and months back when I first read the book mad.gif