Sign in to follow this  
exall

Support script

Hello everybody!!

I need something like this

A group of men are running to their base. A horde of zombies or enemies are following them. When soldiers will be in 50-100 meters near the base an APC with support of 3-4 soldiers will move out of base gates forward to 20 m and support fleeing soldiers. When fleeing soldiers will reach base or when 3 of 4 supporting soldiers will be down, the APC will go backwards to base gates (in the rear gear).

It will be very useful script for city battles for me

Sorry for my English ))

I don't think you can force AI to drive a tank backwards. Other than that all you described can be done with waypoints and triggers.

How about "setvelocity"?? It can make a tank/car move backwards.

If I do this all with triggers and wps it will be a half mission limit for such a computer that my is ))

I'm just asking exactly about script. Maybe not so perfect script but just something.

Well, yeah, who's stopping you from trying.

Anyway, here's a silly little mission that has this... well apc comes out of base when you get near and so on... just see it for your self. It's in sqm format so you need to put it to username\missions or username\mpmissions

Mission

I have been having a good think about reversing vehicles and setvelocity. In particular scripting articulated vehicles such as large goods wagons to reverse into tight spaces.

I'll have a quick look at this now and see if a negative setvelocity array works.

**Update

Here it is:

Reverse Demo

Note how important the set-up is. You need to make sure the driver of the vehicle has his/her ai move disabled. Also note that setvelocity commands must be performed on the vehicle not the driver. The method I have shown here is the best way to get reliable results smile_o.gif

Radio Alpha = Backwards

Radio Bravo = Forwards

Requires no setdir loops or anything. Works well.

chris330, please, could you place the file somewhere else, I can't download it. Thanks Metal Heart, I've already made the thing with triggers but vehicle of course doesn't move backwards. If Chris give me the link, I'll do that.

Btw, should I make a new topic or I can ask you bout the thing here??

I want an arrest script. A team engage a rebels team or else. And when for example 3/5 of rebels are down, others drop their weapons, surrender and become captives. Of course, it will be best with anims and vocals )) Please give just half-script or smth )))

Link leads to Messiah_Flare_Demo.zip.

Bugger sad_o.gif

Sorted it out now biggrin_o.gif Link leads to correct place. Exall drop me a pm and I'll mail it over to you wink_o.gif

Haha, that tank must've been retrofitted with the engines from Star Trek biggrin_o.gif

It uses a high speed to demonstrate the effectiveness of the method. Normally such a high speed would cause the tank to travel far enough to begin to attempt to rotate to the direction of the resultant setvelocity's direction vector.

You will notice that in this case it does not, which is proof the method is successful even under extreme circumstances.

I guess you already knew that though wink_o.gif