Sign in to follow this  

Is there "camping" in OFP?

in rogue spear or counterstrike i would give you an extra "ass-kickin" for bein a camper and i wouldnt allow it when i hosted BUT in a war you dont rush......in a war GAME<----GAME i still dont think you shoud camp....scan the area and move to another cover and scan and move....thats the way i see it....and thats how i play.....but its a game and if you play multiplayer you SHOULD KNOW that camping is just a "style" of play dont get pissed and start a fight over a godd*amn computer if ure hostin and dont like it throw the boot down.....OK forest campers would prolly piss me off real bad.......cmon snipers use ghuillie suits in this game right? noone else would stand a chance

(Edited by ReDruM at 7:42 am on Sep. 5, 2001)

I see it this way, if your team gets tricked that way then you should make better plans. Its just like a move in chess called fools mate. Just like real life, if you step into a trap you cant say wait you have to back off. people that camp in a death match dont get many points anyways, or ctf and flag fight. the bad thing now is that they took out the tracers in US version so you cant tell where they are, oh well I will just have to load heavy with frags and bomb the bushes : )

If taking up a position and killing every bad guy who comes past is considered camping, then I am guilty of doing it all the time, I did it on DF, DF2, and DF:LW, and i do it here too. Camping is a stupid ass term used by Quake/Unreal/CS players for people who use strategy.

I think for all of you who consider sitting in ambush "camping"...go to your nearest warzone/conflict and take a moment to decide if you:

A) Rush the enemy scoring as many kills as possible before your fragged.

or...

B) Realize that your ASS is on the line and that you should use your noodle (no, im not on leave) to combat the enemy and go home alive.

Depending on your reasons for playing this game, your choice may vary. Some of you who know what I'm talking about will choose very quickly.

And yes, I know it's just a game. And FUN AS #### it is.

Well, since all u assholes had a good laugh about my question concerning that so called 'camping " of reckon u all a buch of loosers, not even worht to play the game!

I play DFLW and Flashpoint a lot, and when playing TKOTh or Attack & defend, I also try to find me a good spot to defend or keep the zone, and i dont see the problem of that...

U guys are those stupid wankers u see in games in DF and flashpoint who wont use there brains, but instaed run around like sheep!