Sign in to follow this  

Is there "camping" in OFP?

What do you think?

Is there such a thing as "camping" in OFP? And if so, should it be considered as being tantamount to cheating?

Food for Thought:

1) Is a circling helo providing aerial fire support a camper?

2) Is a soldier in a foxhole or a trench who is scanning his sector a camper?

3) Is a soldier on guard duty, pacing back and forth across a road, a camper?

4) Is a sniper, crawling at about a foot a minute, a camper?

5) Is an artillery man a camper?

6) Are guys holding a town to be thought of as campers?

yes and no on all points.

yes, it can be called camping (by cs players)

no, it is not wrong to play as a soldier in a soldier game.

I don't really see a particular problem with camping. It's the only easy way to fight and set up an abush. I do have a problem with the camping spot is the same every time and is consisted out of everyone on the opposite team.

I remember when I used to play Counter-Strike (What a waste of 50 dollars!!!!!) on my 56k. That game sucked, and nowhere on the packaging did it say what a piece of crap it would be on a 56k. Anyway, the camping in that game was horrible, players just sitting and waiting to pluck the enemy while the dead ones has to sit and watch the endless waiting. Did I mention this game sucks? I couldn't get a refund at the store ... anyone was CS for ... 25 dollars?

LOL they should make your guy put up a small tent and a campfire any time you sit there for more than 5 min. Hotdogs anyone?

(Edited by R71 at 9:07 am on Sep. 4, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from UziyahuIDF on 2:12 am on Sep. 4, 2001

What do you think?

Is there such a thing as "camping" in OFP?  And if so, should it be considered as being tantamount to cheating?

Food for Thought:

1)  Is a circling helo providing aerial fire support a camper?

2)  Is a soldier in a foxhole or a trench who is scanning his sector a camper?

3)  Is a soldier on guard duty, pacing back and forth across a road, a camper?

4)  Is a sniper, crawling at about a foot a minute, a camper?

5)  Is an artillery man a camper?

6)  Are guys holding a town to be thought of as campers?

<span id='postcolor'>

Darn what a bunch of ... eehhh thoughtful questions... and oh you forgot one.

49: Can Bill Gates be considered a camper? ehhh... and if he is should he then be considered as being tantamount to cheating?

Anyone? I would really like to know! My life depends on it.... well actually no, but I'd like to know anyway.

(Edited by CanisDEK at 10:06 am on Sep. 4, 2001)

LOL, "is there camping and what would be considered camping" ......i mean what a stupid question to ask for this sort of game ...you apparently have not got the grasp of this game..... if your gonna start that kinda baby whinin i suggest you stay with CS or DFLW.....lol." is there camping"

ok majorsumi...be called cowards?confused.gif in real life when setting up ambushes you could be laying there for hours on end...and is a sniper a coward? him and his spotter on there own behind enemy lines waiting for the target??? i dont think so...the only thing i would be against is people around gthe spawn area shooting you..

YEAH according to the Geneva Convention spawn raping is forbidden and any country who violates this will have a spawn delay of +45 secs in their next war!

acutally marj. i think peopel who rush should be called idiots what teh point of running into a trap you must be ignorant.

There is no such thing as camping, its called common sense. Camping is an idea originated by impatient pubescent boys.

campings, its when u take a tent and go to the woods, set up your tent and make a fire.

sit down..relax, enjoy the nature.

that sort of thing...

in CS (counterstrike) camping is when u stop running and jumping.

Whats wrong with camping in a soldier sim?

Why did they implement snipers? Maybe u could give em bajonets, if al the snipers attack together they might stand a chance against a machinegunner.

And to reply on the topic title:

Go northeast on Malden.

Nice spot for a camping! alot of space, a litle village ( put some shops in it) and a forest in the neighbourhood.

Perfect for a camping and not to far from the airport.

The only thing I would call objectionable camping, would be if someone hung out right at the opponents respawn, and mowed people down before they even had a chance to get their bearings, much less defend themselves. Other than respawn camping, I just don't see it as a bad thing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from CanisDEK on 6:37 pm on Sep. 4, 2001

YEAH according to the Geneva Convention spawn raping is forbidden and any country who violates this will have a spawn delay of +45 secs in their next war!

<span id='postcolor'>

You know I already told you once mad.gif :biggrin: :cheesy:

But you're right of course, in fact you are very right - so right that it hurts.

(Edited by CanisDEK at 3:20 am on Sep. 5, 2001)

WOW! If theres camping in the game...then i CAMP ALLLLLLL the time....

I just love camping....its so fun to camp...

I love it when we get the fire going and all gather around to tell stories. smile.gif

Its sooo much fun.

Oh yea. the funest thing is lying in a bush and waiting...

U can rack up some serious kills, people just keep on running by, and running by, and running by.

IM SNEAKY!!!! OR THEY'RE JUST DUMB...

Either way i get kills, either way i have fun, either way its a "OK" game, either way it doesnt really concern me too much, either way, everyone camps sooner or later.

OH YEA this isnt counter strike, whew, so camping isnt in the OFP vocabulary!! :biggrin: :cheesy: :cool: :shocked::wink: :o

"Respawn camping" usually happens this way:

CTF missions with vehicles...all members of the Soviet Team decide to board the Hip. They fly to the US Base. Enroute, they encounter a Blackhawk which apparently ignored them, so they proceed to US Base.

While they were about to land near the US Flag, BOOM! A US Team-member (LAW) takes out the chopper...all Soviet Team members die.

Meanwhile, Blackhawk lands NOT near the Soviet Flag, but NEAR the Soviet Respawn point! All members jump out and position themselves...30 seconds later, when the dead Soviet guys respawn, they die immediately from a mix of small arms fire, grenades and LAWs coming from God knows where! biggrin.gif

Only discipline has stopped this where I play at (LAN Gaming Centers). If you're playing via the 'net, you can't do anything about this if the other team uses this strategy against you.

-RODION

P.S. Uzi! How are you! I've been looking all over for you! I've begun making my own missions (Multiplayer, CTF) and I think I've found a way to avoid the "Respawn Camping" issue in one of these missions! biggrin.gif Mail me at:

rherrera@msuiit.edu.ph