Sign in to follow this  
hotshotmike1001

grumman duck updating

Hey alloisi, could you send me the first release version of this plane?  I will need the bomb models off of that version.

I will make an armed version, but it will only have bombs, someone else will have to make the guns.

-Pilot

EDIT:

Duh, my e-mail address is:

thomasjlarsen@yahoo.com

You might need that icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT EDIT:

Speaking of the bombs, does anyone know exactly what kind they were?  I am assuming they were 250lb bombs, but I would like to be sure.

...looks like the Duck didn't carry bombs, only depth charges. anyone have pics of what the depth charges looked like?

...looks like the Duck didn't carry bombs, only depth charges. anyone have pics of what the depth charges looked like?

I dont know how often they used it for bombing missions during the war but it would be fun to have a version with bombs anyway smile_o.gif

http://www.airventuremuseum.org/collect....ons.asp

650 lbs. bombs or depth charges

I decided to make one with bombs. It has two 250lb bombs. I think that 650lbs is divided between 2 bombs, and a 250lb bomb was the closest I could come (AFAIK, there was no bomb made between 250lbs and 500lbs. Someone correct me if I am wrong)

-Pilot

Ok, version 1.3.  Changes in this version are:

Armed version added smile_o.gif

I made the propeller blur more transparent.  It was too dark as it was.

The armed version comes with 2 250lb bombs.  The bombs are powerful enough to destroy an East boat and the Tiger tank from Inv44.  Let me know if they are too powerful...or too weak.

I designed this addon so that I didn't need two models for the armed and un-armed versions.  The un-armed version can carry bombs, they simply aren't added.  Therefore, adding a machine gun to the back would require copying the model and adding the gun, then making a few minor adjustments to the config.  I don't have the time or ability to add a gun, so someone else will have to take over from here.

The magazine name for the bomb is: "Duck250lb"

The weapon name for the bomb is: "Duck250lb"

Download link:

Grumman J2F 1.3 Open Source

This addon requires the WWII Pilot Pack.

-Pilot